Dinosaur Eggs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzzyman, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did the 1.4 update change things significantly? In the past I've always found a dinosaur egg either at the traveling cart, fishing treasure or worm spot within the first year. I'm now into year three and haven't found one.

Is it just random luck, or has something changed? I even got deep enough in the caves to kill a a few dinosaur/dragon things and they didn't drop any eggs either

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

It's just random and you've been unlucky

You need a dino egg to make dino mayo for the new Missing Bundle, which was only introduced in 1.4

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Old ways still works but it's all about luck.
        Now at 1.4 you have other way - go to Skull Cave and kill couple Pepper Rex - it give you dino egg (10% chance).
        You should find there Prehistoric levels with this enemies.

WilliamZ likes this.
        • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I've never gotten a dino egg in my first year, so you probably got insanely lucky before.

The Pepper Rex has a 10% chance of dropping a dino egg. You can mostly find them in the Skull Cave on levels that happen to spawn with the new Prehistoric tileset. It can also be randomly found on the ground on Prehistoric levels in the Skull Cave as well. This, in my mind, is a much better chance of finding one than before, as you now have an actually semi-reliable means of getting one.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Agreed. Whilst farming omni geodes in Skull Cavern I've found 8 dino eggs.

• ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

If anything it's a whole lot easier to find now, I suppose you've just been unlucky.

• Fuzzyman

Thanks everyone

• endly

endly Void-Bound Voyager

you're not alone mate, i haven't caught ANY. SINGLE. MIDNIGHT CARP in the entire Fall and probably the whole Winter too (mid-winter now) although i never forget to fish EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. although i got the UFO on shipping screen twice in a week this month.
                  i think it's all about "our" mixed luck in real life after all *sigh* :zzz:'

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
                  • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I'm so upset at myself.
                    I forgot to throw the dino egg in a bin to be placed in the incubator before donating to the museum.

That is such a rookie mistake. lol

• LazyDaisy

LazyDaisy Space Hobo

Hi I,m new on here .I recently started a new game and believe it or not the 1st time I fished I caught a treasure chest with a dinosaur egg

Honeywell likes this.
                      • Fuzzyman

It took a few weeks of game time, but got a dinosaur egg at the ocean rock, spirits very pleased, lucky lunch, rabbit foot in wallet, treasure tackle, standard bait

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I did this. I didn't realise it could go in the incubator. After finding another one thanks to Pepper Rex I immediately put it in.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

At least you didn't know better. :) I knew and forgot anyway. lol.

Pangaea likes this.
                            • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

My first ever dino egg was gotten in summer year 1. Now that is lucky.

• ThorfinnS

ThorfinnS Orbital Explorer

Day 3 fishing was my earliest.