1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Digger Turret Version 1.0.3

Turrets make mining a lot more fun, and now you can ride in your own Digging Mech!

1. trevtrev800

trevtrev800 Pangalactic Porcupine

2. SanAndreaP

SanAndreaP Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Digger v. 0.2.5
    Starbound v. Pleased Giraffe Update 5

I'm trying to use the Digger Mech, I've unlocked it and selected it in the tech slot, but everytime I try to use it, it just puts its sprite above my character and I'm unable to remove it except by exiting and re-entering the world.
    Does this have to do with a different key binding setting? (I bound the tech slot for the mech to 'X', to get the key 'F' free for the inventory)

Other than that, the drills work as intended. :)

3. trevtrev800

I will look into this. I don't think it is a key binding problem. Probably just another update I need to sync with the latest stable.

SanAndreaP likes this.
  4. ultrasouew

ultrasouew Big Damn Hero

the digging mech don't work, he have no animation, he can't take energie and if i press the tech button i cant get out of the mech, this is normal ?

5. wanderer of time

wanderer of time Void-Bound Voyager

Digger mech will activate but will not function and I can't leave it once it is out

Add to that the other drilling machines not being functional or interactable

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. trevtrev800

trevtrev800 updated Digger Turret with a new update entry:

Digger Turret

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1443843605][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just fixed the Digger Mech issue.

I am not having trouble with the other diggers. Make sure you give them fuel. That could be your problem.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. wanderer of time

wanderer of time Void-Bound Voyager

The only concern is that the mech damages the user for some reason. I figured out the rest of the former problems.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  8. SanAndreaP

SanAndreaP Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The digger mech works now except for two things:
    - As wanderer of time already said, the mining "shockwaves" damage the user
    - Also it seems that it constantly switches between the mech and my character when I press the tech button, making it difficult to (de-)activate it.

9. trevtrev800

Thanks for your feedback. I didn't notice the damage to the user because I was in admin mode ;-)
    I will take a look and try to correct these issues.

SanAndreaP likes this.
  10. trevtrev800

Fixed the problem with player being damaged by the Mech.
    I am still working on slowing down the activate/deactivate to make it easier to enter and leave the Mech. (DONE)
    Last, I think there may be a problem with how the Mech saves it's stored energy, but I can't totally determine if there is a problem.

I am going to wait to release the change until I have tested a bit more. If you would like to try to make the change yourself go ahead and edit diggermech.lua to remove the mechProjectileConfig from the end of each of these lines:
    Code:
    world.spawnProjectile(mechDigProjectile, addVectors(mcontroller.position(), tech.partPoint("frontGun", "firePoint")), entity.id(), {math.cos(aimAngle), math.sin(aimAngle)}, false)

world.spawnProjectile(mechDigProjectile, addVectors(mcontroller.position(), tech.partPoint("backGun", "firePoint")), entity.id(), {math.cos(aimAngle), math.sin(aimAngle)}, false)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  11. trevtrev800

12. reapergrrimm

reapergrrimm Space Hobo

i'm having 2 issues. i put the folder in the mods folder of the game directory, fired up the game and got as far as unlocking and buying the mech. put the mech in my hotbar but when i go to place it nothing happens. i can't place it anywhere and it doesn't even show the outline of the mech showing that i'm even trying to place it. second problem is o got 2 fuel stations. one for my planet base and one for the world i am mining. both times i tried to place them, i was instantly warped back to my ship and lost both fuel stations.... am i doing something wrong?[DOUBLEPOST=1446752893][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i figured out what i did wrong with the mech, but now i can't access my server. i got booted as soon as i equiped the mech and now when i go to log back in it gives me an error saying the ship world has errored.... any suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  13. trevtrev800

Digger Turret

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Daggetd

Daggetd Void-Bound Voyager

I too seem to be unable to use the mech. Crafted the blueprint and the popup confirms the unlock. However the mech can not be placed nor does it appear in S.A.I.L's Tech tab.

EDIT: I am also unable to uninstall the mod without a crash. I would post an error log but unfortunately I don't know how. I can't copy+paste the error message. It appeared to be memory address access violations.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  15. Aeronic

Aeronic Void-Bound Voyager

I'm also having issues using the mech after unlocking it. It just stays as an item called "Unlocks the Digger Mech" and i can't seem to use it and it isn't in my tech tree.

16. DrakeRenar1

DrakeRenar1 Big Damn Hero

None of the digger turrets or the mech work for me.

17. trevtrev800

I'll have to look at the latest update.

18. trevtrev800

I have fixed the issue with unlocking the mech, please take a look at the next release coming out shortly.

19. trevtrev800

Digger Turret

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. mad science

mad science Orbital Explorer

where do you buy/craft it ?