1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Digger Turret Version 1.0.3

Turrets make mining a lot more fun, and now you can ride in your own Digging Mech!

1. trevtrev800

trevtrev800 Pangalactic Porcupine

you mean you don't want infinite turrets? ;) I will look into that issue. I had the problem a long time back, but not recently.

2. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Can you make the tunneler remove background as well? Also, please make the fuel station/turrets use solarium stars, it can't be that hard a fix!

3. trevtrev800

Not hard to fix, but I have spending a lot of time just playing the new stable update. Also, I like to accumulate a group of changes if they are not critical fixes.

If you would like to change to your local copy simply edit /digger/objects/wired/digmachine/digmachine.lua and /digger/objects/wired/fuelstation/fuelstation.lua

Add the values you like to this comma separated list. You can put any item in this list. As you can see I was using dirt at one point for testing.

self.fuelValues = {
    dirtmaterial=0,
    coalore=2,
    uraniumore=4,
    uraniumrod=4,
    plutoniumore=8,
    plutoniumrod=8,
    solariumore=16,
    solariumrod=16
    }

Markelius likes this.
  4. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Yeah, this really ought to be changed. I'd suggest something like this:

Code:
      self.fuelValues = {
        liquidfuel=1,
        coalore=2,
        uraniumore=4,
        uraniumrod=8,
        plutoniumore=8,
        plutoniumrod=16,
        solariumore=16,
        solariumstar=32
    }

Thanks for the instructions on how to change it, I'm going to do so with my copy.

trevtrev800 likes this.
  5. MiroslavAliyeva

MiroslavAliyeva Void-Bound Voyager

Hello. I have a question. Turrets able to steal dug into the container or they always throw where dug?

6. Lefl

Lefl Phantasmal Quasar

whenever i destroy a turret or a fuel station, i get 2 of those back

7. trevtrev800

You have always had to collect the items that drop. They will land where they are dug.

8. trevtrev800

trevtrev800 updated Digger Turret with a new update entry:

Digger Turret

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. doctortee

doctortee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice mod, I love it.

But I have a nice bug :rofl:
    The base mining turret can destroy everything... except clay ? \_(O.O)'_/
    Is that wanted, or have I a bug ? :rofl:

10. trevtrev800

Sounds like a bug to me. I can do some testing to find out.

11. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

Trying to replace me and my friends standing on same blocks digging down? >~<

12. trevtrev800

Hi, I finally got around to testing this. I don't have trouble digging clay with any of the turrets. Please let me know if you still have trouble. Maybe you can send a log file too.
    Thanks.

13. Lordareon

Lordareon Void-Bound Voyager

It doesn't work for me...I keep pressing E and the Turret or anything don't start to dig. :S

14. trevtrev800

I will take a look at the latest version. It is possible that the new changes break the mod.
    Also, don't forget to give it fuel. Toss some coal ore, or other fuel type on the ground near the turret. It needs energy to work.

15. Lordareon

Lordareon Void-Bound Voyager

I've added fuel, but still not working. It doesn't even work when I put a Fuel Station full of coal near it

16. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

so i drop the "digger" file into my giraffe_storage/mods directory, and i get a crash on load. "Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("completionConditions")"

any thoughts? the only other mods i have installed are Black Market and graviton projectors

17. Aftcrest

Aftcrest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Chances are it's because it hasn't been updated to the latest Starbound release.

18. MokahTGS

MokahTGS Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, any word on if this will be updated? Super useful and would be a shame if not...

19. trevtrev800

Hi All,
    I have been really busy at work, and I haven't had a chance to look at the latest release. Not to mention I am repairing my computer at the moment. I will update as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

-Trevor

20. trevtrev800

Ok guys, I finally got my computer back up and running. So far I am not having trouble with the digger turrets. I am going to re-install Starbound to verify. Please let me know if you are still having trouble with the mod, and using the latest version.

... after re-install
    Turns out there was a slight change to the quest templates. I had to update the quest I use to enable the diggerMech.

As always, let me know if you see any problems.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015