Different Eyes

Discussion in 'Other' started by Sirnak, Feb 24, 2012.

?

Do you think it could be a good idea to change the eyes of human characters?

1. Yes, I want new eyes for human characters.

93.3%
  2. No, I don't see the use of putting different eyes.

26.7%
  1. Sirnak

Sirnak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My suggestion is simple: I'd suggest different, new eyes, for the character sprites.

Frankly, I love everything I've seen about this game until now. Everything. Except the eyes of human characters. Am I the only one who's reminded of the Pokemon Ditto... ? The eyes seem too small, too low on the characters' faces and empty. It's pretty much the only part of the whole art of Starbound I dislike up to now.

I believe it'd be a pretty easy job for the sprite artist(s) to change that, which makes my point pretty realistic to come into place, I think, if many of you guys agree with me. Though, I do acknowledge that many NPCs are probably already drew entirely, so, if not changing the eyes of these guys, maybe make different eyes for player created characters? That way we could easily differenciate NPCs from players, which could be a somewhat positive point in some way.

What do YOU guys think?

Chaostos likes this.
  2. Zeldo

Zeldo Big Damn Hero

Hahaha, I thought the same thing when I saw their faces. Ditto popped into my mind. I don't quite think it should be completely scrapped, but the ability to choose your style of eyes should be available for those who dislike the current eyes.

3. Ethric

Ethric Phantasmal Quasar

During character customization, yes it should be possible to change eye color.

But I love the Ditto look, so I'll probably keep it for myself.

4. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

I voted for both options, because I'd LIKE to have different options for eyes, but at the same time I don't feel that it's necessary. [​IMG]

5. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

The eyes certainly don't WOW me, but they give it a certain charm.

6. EWA

EWA Twenty-three is number one

I don't really care about how the eyes look on my character. But I guess for some people who do this would be a nice addition.