Did you marry the right one? Tell your anecdotes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LittleRose, Oct 28, 2016.

1. I went to Alex. I originally was going to go with Sebastian but for some reason, I started talking to Alex. He's really is a sweet heart underneath all that cockiness and he helps out with the farm after marriage and the kids when you have them. He even will make you dinner and breakfast from time to time. I don't know about the others though. I uh... I don't exactly care to marry the others. Maybe get to know them up until eight hearts but that's about it.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I married Haley, but flirted with Aby before the marriage so she have 10 hearts with me. I kinda hate myself now because she's super flirty (and I believe that every 10 hearts candidate behave like that, but some flirts with me with only 8 hearts, like Elliott and my farmer is a guy... I'm not judging lol), I want to start a new game and stay with Aby this time, but I'm afraid of the marriage because they become a lifeless NPC in your house after the marriage.

• Cristi

Cristi Void-Bound Voyager

I've played the game six times. My first five, I always married Maru. She seemed absolutely perfect for me with her interest in science and practical yet open outlook toward the world. I had a real crush on her, so I just kept marrying her.

I suppose people change. This time I fell for someone I had never even given a second glance before: Leah. I was like, who is this person? And whatever did I see in Maru? I mean, I love Maru's family and she's a cute kid and everything. But.

I've loved getting to know Leah, and I love her attitude toward life, art, and nature. I love her dignity and her independent streak.

But every time I see Maru now, I feel guilty. :D

• Cristi

Cristi Void-Bound Voyager

Well, the bloom is off the rose already, and Leah and I haven't even been married a year yet. Every day I run to her first, give her a kiss and a hug, give her her favorite treats. Today, tired from fighting monsters, I thought I'd spent a nice, quiet day on the farm. While the love of my life spent the day working on a sculpture, I took care of the animals, cut hay, pushed back the forest, harvested, planted some more in the greenhouse, tended the animals, made jelly and cheese, harvested some more, then ran inside to deposit some of my harvest in the fridge and cook a few dishes. Who should I run into, blocking the door? Ms. Artist herself. Wearing her very first ugly frown. "You could have cleaned up your mess in here while I was gone. I don't much like stumbling over all your crap at the end of a long, hard day sculpting." (Paraphrasing, here).

Now, I respect her art. But that was just a little over the top. Especially given that I had spent quite a bit of time making sure the house was open, attractive, and furnished comfortably.

By bedtime? Nice Leah was back. "Oh, it's so lovely and peaceful here. I don't miss my cabin even a teeny-weeny bit."

Hormones? Who knows. After that, I was ready for another day of battling monsters.

I feel like I can't trust her anymore. lol

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I've only married Emily. She seems to fix fences more than any other chore which is great because I've never had to repair any myself. Also, sometimes she'll give me wool or cloth as a gift which I can immediately give back to her and she'll love it.

Cristi likes this.
            • Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I married Leah (and she's the only one I ever married in Stardew Valley). She's a creative and cheerful type in my opinion. She's the first person in the game I am attracted to. She sometimes help ease up with the farm work. But to be honest, she's not a good cook (cactus fruit everyday, wow). I only have raw food for breakfast everyday. But hey, I like her not because of her cooking, I just like her whatever she is.

Tamorr likes this.
              • GoodnightMonkey

GoodnightMonkey Master Chief

So, I originally chose a male avatar because I thought the bachelorette selection was better than the bachelor selection, but then I discovered (in the game) that I could court /anyone/. So, I went with Elliott to start with.

Mid-courting, I was like: "you know what I should do? I should make a story out of this. My character will court both Penny and Elliott. Elliot and Amon (my character) will have unspoken tension/attraction to one another. But as two men who aren't from these parts, maybe they feel inclined to lay low in attempts to assimulate to the town and their culture or whatever." So, I started to court Penny. Along the way, I discovered that Elliott - surprisingly - was the perfect pick for me. He was a writer (I write every day), his best friend was an artist (I'm an artist), and a lot of the things he said I agreed with/could relate to, et cetera.

Meanwhile, I started to really dislike Penny. Something about her rubbed me wrong. I liked her best when she was angry weirdly enough. Anyway, I made sure I had enough to divorce and re-marry before I got married to Penny. (Side note: it felt strangely unsatisfying. We had the marriage ceremony and then she wouldn't talk on the day of the ceremony. She didn't really do anything or say anything of interest. It largely felt like their (my character and Penny's) relationship hadn't really changed). So, for science, I started to gift her things she hated every day for a season. I think I managed to bring her down two hearts, but nothing changed. Meanwhile, I was courting Elliott (gave him the bouquet) while married to Penny.

I thought it would trigger jealousy events, but it didn't. xD I ended up divorcing her, marrying Elliott, and it was just SO CUTE. I FIGURATIVELY DIED. IT WAS PERFECT. (Side note: for some reason, I could talk to Elliott on the day of the wedding ceremony, and he had more sayings that were different/seemed more married like than Penny.) So yeah, my initial choice was "the right one." I just decided to throw in a curveball to for the drama. (Which failed me, boo.)

• WilliamZ

Penny and Elliott are hard choices, both have an awesome progression.

• Lew Zealand

Lew Zealand Orbital Explorer

Heh, my choice was the same the for my first playthrough. Penny and Elliot seemed most inetresting, though I found it easiest to get the most hearts early with Haley (daffodils and Spring birthday). Elliot gradually fell off the radar as I saw him less and less as at that time I didn't understand the NPC's daily routines. I ended up seeing Haley every day and Penny almost as much. I found Penny's background and progression interesting and, well, from my avatar you can probably guess how that turned out.

However.

Penny's a pretty dull wife. I need to play that save again as it's been a while so I haven't seen her 14 heart event yet. Saving that for a rainy day (BTW it's raining IRL). She's OK, but just that: OK.

So...

Thanks to you folk here (and maybe some stuff I've read elsewhere), for my second save I went for Abigail. I hate to say it but I'm converted, she's just written a little better even after marriage. I hit the caves every rainy day just because.

Next up for the third save will probably be Maru but I may try Elliot anyway, we'll see...

• WilliamZ

This isn't exclusive to her, most of them lose the shine when you get married, as they lose their routine and become lifeless NPCs at your farm.

• thelastoverseer

thelastoverseer Space Hobo

I always marry Harvey if I am playing a female character.
                        I find Harvey to be more caring, hardworking and sensitive (very important for females).

In the past, if I am playing a male character, I will marry Haley.
                        I also like that she changes from a self centered person to a caring wife.

Now, I prefer Leah (and I never switch back to Haley).
                        I find that Leah enjoys country life and foraging as much as the player character.

WilliamZ likes this.