1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you know that Starbound's pre-beta Roadmap still exists?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Relinies, May 26, 2014.

1. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

http://playstarbound.com/roadmap/
    It, of course, hasn't been touched since release.
    But I think it's actually rather interesting. Maybe the devs should repurpose it to tell us what they're all working on, even now?

RatixFarrence, WoxandWarf and Ovyerus like this.
  2. penguin055

penguin055 Pangalactic Porcupine

WoxandWarf, Jonesy and The | Suit like this.
  3. SweFox

SweFox Guest

The sad thing is how AWESOME those mockups are and how much I want those to be in the game...

This for example, goddamn!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Milan Mree

Milan Mree Ketchup Robot

I disagree with Molly's response and feel it shows especially since the game is considered 'beta' when it's still 'indev'. To show the level of 'completeness' should be judged by individual features. They should be placed on the drawing board, worked on and then finished after which they should be posted as a completed feature. This is a much better way to visually represent progress.

As far as an overall for each category though, with the way the game is playing out currently yes it would be difficult to represent 'as more features are added' pointing yet again to unpreparedness indicating that they are still 'adding' features and thus it would be impossible to determine the 'current completion'.

In other words the roadmap is only bad because the game does not have all the ideas and features it will be implementing set forth on a table. As new features are being added and old ones phased out, the roadmap could only 'fluctuate' and bits and pieces going down in percentage is not a good thing for people watching it like a hawk and ready to complain.

Anyway, the roadmap was a bad idea from the start since the game isn't out of development, but it is by no means the fault of there not being a way to judge the amount that all the features are finished since some are not even fully realized.

TL DR - The game is indev and not all features are ready to be measured, but they certainly could be.

5. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The fact to agree or not, the roadmap is useless now anyways and
    some troll use it to make a mess on steam not a long time ago...
    they should remove it completely.

6. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't seen the roadmap, but those mockups look really cool. Hope they add these in!