1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Diamond ore doesn't repair diamond pickaxe.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Bzerka333, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bzerka333

Bzerka333 Space Hobo

As the title suggests, I'm unable to repair my diamond pickaxe with ore of any kind including diamond ore.
    I can repair any other pickaxe with their according ore.

I don't know if this is a bug or it just hasn't been added into the game yet. The description says its supposed to repair the pickaxe suggests its not working properly.

Description:
    "Diamond ore. Can be used for smelting or repairs. Select ore and right click pickaxe."
    [​IMG]
    Diamond Pickaxe is in my toolbar up top and I have the diamond ore in my inventory.
    Note I've also tried repairing the pickaxe with a diamond.
    Hope this helps.

-Bzerka

2. fizzypop

fizzypop Aquatic Astronaut

I was just about to come make a thread about this. Prior to the latest update, I swear I recall being able to repair my diamond pickaxe with diamond ore just fine. But now, it doesn't do anything. All other pickaxes I have been able to repair without issues.

Edit: Just for funsies, I tried out a whole diamond to repair the axe. Using a whole diamond, not the ore, was able to repair the axe. But still, I recall being able to use the ore in the past, and the ore's item description DOES say that it is used to repair the pickaxe.

3. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

You can use any ore to repair any pickaxe (for now, at least). :)

4. .113

.113 Space Spelunker

Well, 5 points for effort! But really, you can use 5 or so copper ore to fill it up as well :p and they are worth less when selling so probably better to use diamonds for gear then selling :) At least while you can still use copper ore to repair anything

5. WyvernX1

WyvernX1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

of course you Can use a Copper ore to repair ANY Pickaxes Tested on All Versions :D

6. fizzypop

Thanks for the tips guys, but I think this still counts as a fair bug to report. xD The item description DOES say it is supposed to work, and as mentioned above.... copper works, for now. Somehow I feel like that is not intended. Haha.

7. .113

.113 Space Spelunker

It might be on purpose though since it's called diamond DUST and, well, dust is probably hard to sharpen something with ;) Though it could be a bug sure

8. fizzypop

Diamond Dust? Wha? You lost me there!

EDIT: I did some searching, but I can't find anything called Diamond Dust aside from an item provided by a mod in the game. In the thread we are talking about the solid ore, that you use to make whole diamonds though. :3c

9. .113

.113 Space Spelunker

Well, I'll be... For some reason, I always read it as diamond dust. I wonder why :p My bad :)

10. Sabishi

Sabishi Void-Bound Voyager

Same problem here, I can only repair my axe with a diamond, not the ore..... but why placing the description with the ore?

11. Randak

Randak Void-Bound Voyager

for some reason, you can use platinum ore to repair diamond pickaxe.... yea

12. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

You can use any ore to repair any pickaxe, fyi.

Quite useful, just collect a few copper and you can fix any pickaxe you want. :)

13. Randak

Randak Void-Bound Voyager

ops, yeah you right, using copper ore will do.... aw wasting so nuch my platinum ore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.