Dialogue Mod and Line Priority Errors

Discussion in 'Mods' started by alannalapenna, Feb 15, 2019.

1. alannalapenna

alannalapenna Aquatic Astronaut

Ok so I’m developing a mod for Marnie (for content patcher, not xnb) to accompany a mod for Shane. When I enter the prefixes or suffixes in any variation or combination, the game seems to ignore them and use the day of the week lines instead.
    For example: on spring 27th (written with season_key) which happens to fall on a Friday, I go to talk to Marnie. The line written for spring 27th for Marnie is “xyz”. However, I go to play the game, and the dialogue used by the game ends up being the Friday line “abc”.
    I’ve checked and quadruple checked that the variants are written correctly and that there aren’t any formatting issues. I’m not really sure what’s going on, but I’m kind of stumped.
    I also checked and triple checked to make sure the mod was loading in SMAPI, and it does load every time without any issues.
    I even took out all of the day of the week dialogue for Friday, and yet, somehow, it still managed to load the Friday line in place of the spring 27th line.
    The next thing I’m going to try is swapping the order of the day of week and the season_key lines just to be sure, but if that doesn’t work I’m kind of stuck.
    If you have any ideas it’d be great to hear them

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi! One issue might be that Spring 27 falls on a Saturday, not Friday.
      [​IMG]
      If that's not the problem, try running a patch summary in the SMAPI console to see if all your changes are being applied. If not, share your log with the patch summary here and we'll figure it out. :)

• MissCoriel

MissCoriel Phantasmal Quasar

If you are trying to get a specific time for Marnie to say something use season_day as it will override all others.. so use "spring_27"