1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Detailed Species 2.4

Slight body and head edits to add more detail.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Nipples. They're nipples. o_O

2. SirStylus

SirStylus Big Damn Hero

So I'm having trouble getting this to work. I've got the "humanoid" and "species" folders in the giraffe_storage>mods folder with the options I've picked out, but it seems to have no affect when I go in game. I'm currently using the Unstable branch. Could this be why?

3. Mackinz

4. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Unstable has a different location for mods currently. They have to go in the folder above, as in the folder that giraffe_storage is inside. Put the "mods" folder there, and this mod in that. Also, the humanoid and species folders should be within another folder, being "Detailed Species".
    Structure should be this:
    -starbound_unstable (or whatever)
    --giraffe_storage
    --storage
    --assets
    --etc.
    --mods
    ---Detailed Species
    ----species
    ----humanoid

5. Shaadaris

Okay, please delete that link. I don't know exactly how detailed what you've posted is since I'm not clicking it, but it is likely against the forums' terms of service since, far as I'm aware, this is supposed to be a PG-13 forum.
    Basically unless you want to risk the chance of warning/ban, you should remove it.

((Hm... Didn't this forum auto-merge double posts? I thought it did.))

6. SirStylus

SirStylus Big Damn Hero

This was the solution. Thanks for that. Though I did read that post you linked prior to posting and it didn't mention anything regarding mods without .modpack files, unless I missed it, and only seemed to describe what to do with modinfo files in relation to mods that contain .pak files. I promise I wouldn't just rudely waste time without doing my homework first.

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Art is always subject to interpretation and that may be your interpretation, but they are just some isolated dots of a particular color in a sea of nothing. Now it is possible that if applied as a layer and merged into existing body images, they may well happen to appear otherwise.
    /disclaimer

Hey I was bored, don't judge me LOL.

I'm pretty sure random floating dots surrounded by nothing don't violate any rules. It was specifically made to avoid doing so. If applied to certain other images in a particular way and THEN distributed, that may be another matter entirely. And it is nothing any person couldn't effortlessly do on their own anyhow. Also my intention was clearly more comedic in nature than anything(as anyone who read "don't read me.txt" would realize). I can't realistically see getting banned over it.

On the other hand I said that if people took issue, I'd delete that post. As such I have done so in accordance with my word.

8. facade11663

facade11663 Void-Bound Voyager

I found a bug:
    -avian\optional\femalebody
    all leg files have broken leg on frame 3 of climb

edit: fixed mine with a mirror of frame 7

also Hylotl females should not lose pectoral muscles just because of no boobs (Avians get free pass because floofy :avian: )

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Failbird105 likes this.
  9. rimrim1

rimrim1 Yeah, You!

ok... so i downloaded the mod extracted it with winrar and put the extracted file in: - C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods - and starded the game... and it was unchanged :nurusad:. did i do something wrong or? am i in the wrong version of the game?... what am i missing heeeree?

10. Mackinz

Tell us where the modinfo file ended up.

11. rimrim1

rimrim1 Yeah, You!

in here - C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\Detailed Species

12. Failbird105

Failbird105 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For some reason, not all of the changes actually took place. Mainly that the floran malebody wasn't added, and possibly also the same with the others, but I didn't check for them. I know the Hylotl male body changed, but it just doesn't seem like some others have. It seems to be exclusively for the male bodies though.

Also I agree with facade on the Hylotl females

13. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

My only real complaint is that this and Starface have some clashes because this mod also comes with head tweaks. Was using the Workshop version, but thinking of unsubbing from those and frankensteining together a mix of Starface, Novaskin, and this to work properly together.

If I'm correct, all I really have to do is put Starface's textures for the head into this mod and the conflicts are more or less solved, right?

14. Shaadaris

Just having them both, Starface is loaded after this and as such its heads replace this mod's heads. Unless the Steam versions actually conflict rather than just overwrite eachother. Given that this is the Steam Workshop, I wouldn't be surprised if it failed at even that basic task.

The heads have far fewer tweaks than the rest of the body anyway, and honestly, is barely noticably different using Starface.
    And while I suppose you could mix these two if you really wanted, even though they work fine as-is, neither edits Novakids so Novaskin is still perfectly fine standalone.
    Source: I use this, Starface, Novaskin, and Sleeker Glitch Chassis and they all work fine together.

15. Motionless

Motionless Pangalactic Porcupine

The version on steam is not managed by me nor do I support it. Technically it isn't even supported for steam since it has optional files. If you want to use this mod I would suggest using the version here so it can be used properly.

16. Shaadaris

So wait did someone upload it without your permission? That's grounds to have it taken down, which would probably be a good idea considering this mod is not in a format that would work well with the workshop.

17. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Either way, sticking to un-workshop for character add-ons so I can modify and make sure conflicts don't happen X3

18. Motionless

Well I did set open permissions on it. Though it was not intended to be used like this. Perhaps I can change it back. How annoying.

19. Zephyrion

Zephyrion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made an optional version for the Apex female with shaved breasts, thought I'd upload it here so you could include it if you wanted in a future update.

Attached Files:

20. Motionless