Server Help Desync issues worse with larger farm

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Server, May 8, 2018.

1. Server

Server Intergalactic Tourist

Hello!

My friends and I are loving the multiplayer beta so far, but we are having desync issues when we are playing on a large farm. The issue only exists when we host our personal files, which are all farms around year three that take up the majority of the map. Our time by the end of the day was usually around 3-5hrs off depending on which player was experiencing the issue. On our new farm that we have started since beta, desync is not an issue. We are nearing the end of spring and do not have sprinklers, coops, barns, tappers, and any other tech setup yet, though we do have a field of about 300 crops. We have switched back and forth between worlds and only smaller world files seem to not experience the desync. When in the desync the clock moves much slower, What you see in your time is relative to what the host was experiencing around that time frame, so if I as the host planted crops at 3pm and my friend was desynced by 5hrs then they would see me planting the crops when they reached 3. No rubberbanding or skipping. When the day ends for the host the screen remains black until 2am has hit for the other parties regardless of whether everyone was in bed before the host hit 2am or not.

We clocked our connection speeds separately. The 3 of us had at least 80mbps down and 10mbps up with less than 15ms latency.

We are playing on a variety of platforms;
    Windows 10
    Windows 8.1
    OSX (?)

All of our pcs are perfectly capable of handling stardew.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you for your efforts!

-Server-