1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/help/
  2. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Desperate To Read Text

Discussion in 'Support' started by DukeOfRiven, Jun 15, 2019.

1. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Starbound updated? Wonderful - been a good while since I last dived in, eager to play again... only, oh no, I've been through some Life Changes. My eyesight is now Less Good - luckily I have a new computer with a big screen to compensate.

Only... oh no, the font in Starbound is super-tiny. Well that's fine, I can just zoom-in the game and... damn, that doesn't meaningfully adjust text size. Well that's fine, I can just scale down the resolution and... huh. That doesn't meaningfully affect text size other.

Hey Starbound Team. How doI adjust the Ui size? Assuming i can adjust the UI size, not seeing any obvious options for it. In the year 2019 given the amount of very large monitors that are now proliferating I hope very much the UI can be you know, made larger and readable for people without 20/20 vision?

If I sound a little on-edge it's because in the year 2019 I've noticed an awful lot of games haven't seemed to cotton-on to this obvious, self evident notion, and I am a little worried that Starbound, I gave I have sank hundred of hours into, if now Forever Denied To Me because I can't read the text. This happen with Crusader Kings II, which is virtually unplayable on a large monitor purchased to aid someone with poor vision.

Sp. Starbound Team, anyway I can make your super-tiny text a font size readable?