1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Desperate To Read Text

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DukeOfRiven, Jun 15, 2019.

1. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Starbound updated? Wonderful - been a good while since I last dived in, eager to play again... only, oh no, I've been through some Life Changes. My eyesight is now Less Good - luckily I have a new computer with a big screen to compensate.

Only... oh no, the font in Starbound is super-tiny. Well that's fine, I can just zoom-in the game and... damn, that doesn't meaningfully adjust text size. Well that's fine, I can just scale down the resolution and... huh. That doesn't meaningfully affect text size other.

Hey Starbound Team. How doI adjust the Ui size? Assuming i can adjust the UI size, not seeing any obvious options for it. In the year 2019 given the amount of very large monitors that are now proliferating I hope very much the UI can be you know, made larger and readable for people without 20/20 vision?

If I sound a little on-edge it's because in the year 2019 I've noticed an awful lot of games haven't seemed to cotton-on to this obvious, self evident notion, and I am a little worried that Starbound, I gave I have sank hundred of hours into, if now Forever Denied To Me because I can't read the text. This happen with Crusader Kings II, which is virtually unplayable on a large monitor purchased to aid someone with poor vision.

Sp. Starbound Team, anyway I can make your super-tiny text a font size readable?

TI100 likes this.