1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Desert planet makes PC freeze.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mood, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mood

Mood Big Damn Hero

Hi.

As the topic says, I've encountered a desert planet in my starting galaxy where my whole PC freezes after a minute or so - forcing me to reboot it. No other planet has given me this issue so far (nor does my PC freeze up like this in general).

I tested by going to that planet again after rebooting, same thing happened. Not even ctrl+alt+del works.

I was playing with the 64x client & I assume that there is a memory leak or something similar there.

Windows 7 64x, i7 quad, 12 gb ram, gtx 670 4gb vram.

Toodles.

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Cosmic Narwhal

please post the content of log located in /starbound/giraffe_storage/starbound.log in a code tag

3. dar601

dar601 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i would recommend moving the world out of /starbound/giraffe_storage/universe -find the coordinates of the planet (in the file name) and move the correct planet out of the universe (the end of the file name has something to do with the 'III - c' location of planet in solar system)

this sounds like mostly nonsense but it's basically moving the world out of your universe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.