1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Desbro's Doodles - Request Friendly!

Discussion in 'Art' started by desbro, Aug 16, 2016.

1. desbro

desbro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have threads F'DAAYYYS, well, not really. One or so per forum. I was suggested to me to post over here as well, since I also do non-Starbound, non-Stardew art, so here you go!

Regardless, this thread will still probably be dominated by Starbound art.

You should come check out @Luthien and I's conversational art trade going on in her thread here. But you should also just check it out because her glitch is fantastic!

Leo the inter-galactic 'punchy star.'
    &
    Eva aka The Ringleader, inter-galactic bad seed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I also play World of Warcraft, so I've done a fair number of pieces on commission for folks on the RP servers there!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The dreadlocked troll is my Drakkari berserker, the boho-chic nelf with the tat is also mine, the nelf DH... annnnnd The troll crest design was for a guild I never quite got off the ground! The rest are commissions. I was doing a bust flats special for a while.

To Do - S.A.I.L​

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

yay more threads!

3. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

Woot! I still adore your art

4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Why wasn't I following you?!

5. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

Ooh, another art thread! I have a request, if you'll do it!

beast_oblivion_atronachflame.png A flame atronach from Elder Scrolls Oblivion!

Thanks!

Arra likes this.
  6. Arra

Arra The End of Time

You could say they have a little heartburn

(( Autocorrect! :rofl: ))

Mega flapper likes this.
  7. Mega flapper

:facepalm: Thanks for pointing that out

Arra likes this.
  8. desbro

@Mega flapper JUST a flame atronach? Nothing fancy? :eek:

ALSO THANKS EVERYONE. <3

9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Hrmmm. Maaaay I make a request without any kind of reference other then a explanation?

10. Mega flapper

Do you want me to make it fancy? Lemme think... Maybe somebody summoning the flame atronach? I dunno, I'm not really feeling creative at the moment. Just sleepy :D

Arra likes this.
  11. desbro

If the words do a good job of describing it!

@Mega flapper - Sleep on it, I'll still be here tomorrow. xD Sorta.

Arra and Mega flapper like this.
  12. Mega flapper

How does this sound- a crossover of Link from the Legend of Zelda and Clint Eastwood in his poncho getup? So basically Link drawn as a cowboy :headbanging: Need any references?

Arra likes this.
  13. 2nd Lieutenant Raoni

2nd Lieutenant Raoni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

amazing art style dude :rofl: are you still taking requests? if so, could you do my character, Anne?

hey there (1).png [​IMG] Anne 16 bits (backgroundless).png

:DD thx in advance :rofl:

Arra likes this.
  14. desbro

[​IMG]
    Sometimes I like to redraw old characters. This is shortie, she's a red panda that likes to blow things up. She's a post apocer.​

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    2nd Lieutenant Raoni likes this.
  15. desbro

[​IMG]
    Fan piece of Ross Poldark as portrayed by the unfairly handsome Aidan Turner. Gooooosh I love his character.

2nd Lieutenant Raoni likes this.
  16. linkboy84

linkboy84 Void-Bound Voyager

If you're still taking requests, could you do my Male Floran OC, Thorn?
    [​IMG]

17. desbro

I'm actually not taking at the moment, gotta make some scratch, so I'm in commission/personal project mode but next time I open up, I shall keep my threads in mind!

In the meantime, I'm gonna be participating in inktober, so brace yourself. Posts are coming.

[​IMG]
    in the meantime, have this random 30min paintsketch of some elf with eyebrows that are cute and uneven.​

18. desbro

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 1ST.
    Inktober begins today, and I decided to go loosey goosey with themes/prompts this year.
    My daily draws will be featuring mythological monsters in honor of the Month of Halloween.
    I love the idea of this monthly challenge because (traditionally) it forces you out of your comfort zone. In this case, my traditional work outside of sketching is limited due to demand not being in it for my field. All art featured under this hashtag for the month will be both traditional and drawn STRICTLY with a pen, forcing me to work with my mistakes, rather than ctrl-z them into oblivion.

It's really a practice in patience.

Monsters can sometimes be a little messy, so in hopes of not startling eyeballs, I'll spoiler tag my guys.

[​IMG]

19. desbro

Next installation of Inktober! I had this idea before bed last night, just wasn't sure how to execute it. I try to do everything straight pen, but I needed to make a loose sketch for this one before I started inking. Sakura Microns and a standard sharpie.

[​IMG]

20. desbro

Day three! Went with the black shuck/black dog of the moors legend. Added some crows for flavor. All done in sharpie!

[​IMG]