Modding Help Derpy ghost kitchen wall shadow

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Minakie, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I've been working on a kitchen mod for the past few days. It's taking forever because I've seen so many so far that it's getting hard to create my own content trying to get the least influenced by the other kitchens. Still, I finally got to a point where I was happy enough with my progress to test it in-game, and this is the first thing I notice:
    [​IMG]
    (I apologize for the small very zoomed in pic, trying not to spoil the mod too much before the release :p)

This mod is based on my real kitchen, and my cabinets don't have a drawer at the bottom. So my modded cabinets are smaller than the vanilla ones. And there's an area of the wall, between the countertops (which is the white line at the bottom of the pic) and the end of my small cabinets, that appears brownish, as if there is a shadow there.

I'm not sure if it's because the game is expecting the bottom of the cabinets to be in that area. What I want to know is if there's anything I can do to fix it. .-.

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

It's how the farmhouse kitchen wallpaper is mapped; the brown wallpaper under the cabinets isn't made / programmed to be seen.
      I suspect it's another hall-way type situation, where you can edit it in tIDE, but not in-game.
      Capture.PNG
      Ignore my wallpaper - it's custom. ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
      • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Sadly, I have no idea how to use tIDE. I guess I'll just have to improvise something. :/

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

While using tIDE is incredibly simple, it's still a learning experience. Look here for help.

My only concern is that this means distribution of your mod is basically impossible, unless you
          1. make the counters regular size again,
          2. move the decorations around (not the stove),
          3. release it with the knowledge that it takes user-end contribution (and will not match wallpaper by default.)
          I wish I could help further, but this is because something is hard-coded. Sorry! ;(

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

It's okay. I'll just add my own wallpaper to that section of the wall. ;)