OOC Derika, Land of the Gifted

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Mattie_, Jul 27, 2014.

1. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, but he can't really make a difference on anything, and he's too drunk to try.

Ah, King Penguin... You were a fantastic crazy man's hallucination.

2. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

3. Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Cake Space Spelunker

Whoever King Penguin is, I would be surprised if you could make him more OP than some of the existing characters.

4. Chocolate Cake

Stu, try going on the Superpower Wiki and hitting 'Random Page,' until you get a power you like the sound of.

5. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Let's see...
    From what I can tell, you can use conventional weapons, in addition to improvised weapons, and since you define it as using something as a weapon you don't gain mastery of vehicle instantly.
    King Penguin is God. Period.

6. Stu and Improved

Thanks. I was running out of suicide reaction images.

7. TachyonBlade

Eh, he was a Penguin with a crown from hell. He was a hallucination who made minor appearances to break the fourth wall and provide hilarity.

8. TachyonBlade

Exactly. However, the main cannon of a M1 tank would work, because he knows how to load and fire it.

9. Chocolate Cake

I recall Ryik having a character who could 'ban,' things from happening; which made him extremely OP. He banned death for him, and could pretty much just do anything. And there was another who had the power to destroy the entire world, but his mental issues stopped him doing it, I think.

10. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, technically he could use vehicle-mounted weaponry, and potentially giant laser satellites, but the latter is beside the point.

11. TachyonBlade

Now, if the entire weapon was literally a weapon, like an ICBM, he would (not kidding) be able to hang on to it.

However, I don't see any way of giving him the Original Alex's regen powers, so no ICBM surfing for him.

12. Stu and Improved

Name: Oberst Herbert Becker

Gift (Power): Herbert has the ability to project a cloud of small iron fragments about a foot in diameter (the cloud, not the fragments) at speeds of up to 100 meters per second. These fragments are very sharp and can penetrate flesh and, to an extent, bone.

Weaknesses and Limits: If Herbert attempts to use his ability more than four times per hour, it will greatly diminish in effectiveness and, if pressed, stop working altogether for as long as sixteen hours.

Appearance: [​IMG]
    Personality: We'll see what develops.

History: Herbert was born in Dresden, in Germany. He was always interested in the military as a child, and joined the German Armed Forces on his eighteenth birthday. He served for twenty-seven years, then retired from active duty to attempt to get a quiet retirement. As Derika was thrust into the public eye, Herbert decided he would go there and see if he could help, in any little way he could. After all, neutrality wouldn't help them if the ETG struck again. He bought a small boat, and through a healthy dose of luck, made ground in Derika. The first thing he did was apply for citizenship. The second thing? Apply for the police force. Now he's working a checkpoint on the bridge, and happy in the knowledge that he's finally contributing to the world again.

Equipment: A police uniform, a Glock 18 automatic pistol, a Taser, a police baton, a walkie-talkie, and a bullet-resistant vest.

That better?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  13. TachyonBlade

That guy is HIGH as hell

14. Stu and Improved

15. TachyonBlade

16. Chocolate Cake

Who's Luis?

17. Stu and Improved

I would've never guessed. What happened, man? You weren't like this when you still went to TDS, before you scrubbed your friends list and crap.

18. Stu and Improved

Didn't catch that. Danke schien.

19. TachyonBlade

Eh, my time is always taken up by studies. When I get a full day free, I'll nitpic

Also its like 12 here

20. Stu and Improved

That's not what I meant, but okay.