OOC Derika, Land of the Gifted

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Mattie_, Jul 27, 2014.

1. mas0n99

mas0n99 Starship Captain

Well...I think the pistol would be ok and the knife...but I don't know about the Sub machine gun....and thanks for confirming my curiosity about the whole Toxin's being concealed inside the suit!

2. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

I'm not sure what tense are we supposed to be writing in. Past? Present? Future? samsan99 is writing in present tense from what I can gather, while mas0n99 seems to be writing in... Future tense? Conditional progressive? Urg, I dunno. Not to cut into the whole freedom thing, but having to switch tenses between posts is confyulsing. I'm just too used to past tense writing, I guess.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  3. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Just as a frame of reference, the M4-style weapons distributed to literally all North American soldiers have a larger-caliber round, a higher magazine capacity and a longer effective range. The AS VAL is designed to be a close-quarters weapon, and as a result has a small effective range and a small caliber round. Why do you think it's too good for the military?

4. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Name: Nikolai "Nuke" Boreale

Gift (Power): Nikolai has the extremely unique ability of being capable of using any sort of external item, object, or thing that could possibly be used as a weapon, to a limit, at least. Any sort of firearm, explosive device, a streetlight, a house door, all of those fall in the realm of his capability, and he can use them extremely well, to an extent of training usually only seen in masters of the particular weapon.

Weaknesses and Limits: However, the limits are that he is incapable of using any sort of melee or throwable weapon (guns and explosives not included) that exceed more than two and a half times his weight.

Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Nikolai is a somewhat genericly Russian sort of person, who stands at the height of six feet and one inch, in all his bald and bearded glory. He's quite muscled and buff, but unnaturally so, and has a body dominated by his legs, which are what make up a lot of his body size. He's got blue eyes, and black hair, which can really only be seen in his beard, and the small trim of hair he allows to grow on his head.

Personality: Simply put, he is a chaotic bastard of a man who holds no allegiances whatsoever. He's brash as all hell, supposedly incredibly cool as a person, or so he thinks, with an addiction to rock and eighties rap music with an attitude he should have dropped at the age of twenty. He's also rather style-based, prefering something stylish over a more pragmatic option at most times, but he knows when to do that, and when not to. And at heart, he's a soldier, and a mercenary, and the only thing that motivates him is money, which has evidently been proven by the fact that he's accepted contracts from both the ETG, and the Brinkhaven government, and done them at the same time.

History: Nikolai Boreale was born to a couple of Russian doctors deployed in Afghanistan during the Soviet intervention, which was technically an illegal birth, due to the military laws during that time, and therefore was denied extraction back to the mainland. He was raised there, by the Russians who defected to help the mujahideen in Afghanistan, and was raised as a soldier. However, his parents were (ironically) loyalists who'd just been kept there as there was no where else for them to go. Over time, they began to lose faith in their own country, and began instructing their child on what he'd have to do to survive. He would have to be independent any country, no one cared for the individual. He would have to live for himself, away from the terrible problems any kind of citizenship would cause. And they explicitly made it clear that this in-dependency was not going to be him joining the mujahideen. Or they threatened, jokingly, to haunt him until he died.

Of course, it was during this time when he learnt of his powers, during one of the many raids by the Russians, nearing the end of the war, when he somehow became capable of operating a tank's main cannon in a story he loves to tell, and then proceeding to throw a machine gun one and a half times his weight at the time, at a chopper flying extremely low. (like, 10 feet off the ground)

This story spread rapidly around the place, eventually getting into the earshot of a CIA deployed agent who was organizing the weapons drops to assist the muahideen at the time, who then passed it on to his superiors. Gifted were known to exist at the time, and so he was suspected to be one, and therefore a potential asset at the time. Using their many skills and contacts that had been made available to the CIA during the Cold War in the "the world is a battlefield" phase, they extracted him, and brainwashed him to serve as a Russian sleeper agent in mainland Moscow.

However, this came at a bit of a late phase, as the Soviet Union had already shown previous signs of breaking down, and now, the CIA had released a man who was slowly breaking down, due to the combined weight of the brainwashing system, and the sleeper commands that had been implanted in him (which were specifically to storm the nuclear control center and Dead Hand systems in case of any confirmed reports of a First Strike against America), into Moscow as a young rebellious adult.

Things only went downhill from there, as he became a sort of mercenary platform for destruction as he went along, selling his services to just about any warlord or agency that could afford his low prices. In fact, his prefered method of HALO-ing into the combat zone, and using intense amounts of overkill earned him the nickname of "Nuke", because employing him was like "dropping a nuke on a shack", as his employers would joke.

Equipment: A .500 Smith & Wesson, a TAC .50 sniper rifle, US Army Combat uniform, an Armored Advance Battle Dress Uniform with several overcoatings of kevlar and titanium, which does reduce some of the damage dealt by weapons, but not even close to entirely. He also owns a boombox from god knows when, filled with enough rock and eighties rap to make a man cry.

Oh, and to make it clear, I would not be starting off in Brinkhaven. I'd like to collaborate with the DM's, maybe as a sometimes Anti-hero, sometimes villain guy like Deadpool, if thats alright.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  5. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Tach, you kinda missed naming consistency over there. Are you going with Alex or Nuke?

6. TachyonBlade

Yeah, my bad. I'll fix that.

Also, forgot to fill out appearance fully. Will also rectify that.

7. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

I think he copied Alexander "Nuke"'s ability from another thread that I can't recall the name of right now, so that's likely the reason. Also, is it just me, or does his ability allow him to lift up weapons that are larger than he is, since he can use melee weapons up to seven times his own weight...

8. TachyonBlade

Excuse me, are you talking of Planet Heroics

Say hello to GravityFlux here. I'm allowed to reuse my own characters too, ya know!

Also, yeah, also nerfing the seven times to two times.

9. Stu and Improved

10. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

11. TachyonBlade

Because I'm pretty sure the weapons objection were made because of the particular place's army.

And if you want to pretend that its impossible to easily acquire said weaponry when not depending on a supply chain and official stuff, go ahead.

Also, if ya wanna go ahead and make me nerf an already kinda weak character, go ahead.

12. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Too bad I can't use any of my chars from a certain RP due to their abilities... All I'll say about their abilities is that one couldn't take damage and could pierce through any armor or shield, another could rip his way through any defenses as if they were butter, a third could instantly kill anyone if the circumstances were right, a fourth could trap you outside reality for eternity, and my fifth could make your ability(ies) destroy you with little effort... Of course, I didn't play them that way, but it was a possibility....lol

13. TachyonBlade

Its a shame, they were pretty good

14. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

They were from another forum, which I'm pretty certain you weren't on with your current name, and the reason I'm not saying what RP they were from is because I don't want anyone tracking down their abilities and trying to use them.

15. TachyonBlade

Oh, damn. I thought you were talking about Planet Heroics

Maybe I should make King Penguin in here...

16. Stu and Improved

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/462/777/865.png
    Okay. Back to the drawing board.

17. TachyonBlade

18. Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Cake Space Spelunker

I wouldn't see the weapons as being much of a problem- In some of the old threads, everyone had rifles and machine guns and stuff. You might want to wait for approval/disapproval from Mattie, though.

19. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

He is the most OP char you could likely get accepted. ;P

Edit: Regardless, if I do try to apply I'll likely just make someone with the ability to convert objects completely into one of its components.

20. TachyonBlade

Likely so. And that was my idea, yes.

Also, I'm continuously trying to reword the Gift so as to be very specific about what I can and cannot use.