RP Derika, Land of the Gifted

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Mattie_, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Mattie_

Mattie_ Phantasmal Quasar

[Liam and then Jake]

"It was honestly an accident. I had a brownie and gave it to her and she ate it and I didn't realize that it was drugged. It isn't even my brownie! My friend gave it to me, and I didn't want to get high so I didn't eat it. I then forgot it was drugged. An accident." Liam finishes. "Jake, who's your new friend? Just where do you get these girls? I'm jealous." Liam jokes, finishing with a chuckle. "Anyways! Check out my new clothing!" Hmm? Hmm? Nice, isn't' it? Vance made it for me." Liam spins, pausing to show off all angles of his outfit. "And the best part, it conducts my Gift!" He finishes triumphantly, producing a black rope out of his palm and spinning it in circles through his body.

"She's quite the keeper hmm? A mouth like that..." Liam snickers and winks at Jake suggestively. Jake shakes his head and doesn't respond. He was too used to this. Liam continues on, saying "Whatever happened to Nariko though? You two are good together." Jake shakes his head again, replying, "She didn't go anywhere, she's at the apartment right now probably."

"Liam, this is Haku. She can tell us where some ETG bases are, since she's ex-ETG." Jake says matter-of-factly. Liam's expression turns serious when he hears this. "Oh really? Looking forward to working with you then." Liam says more levelly now.

2. IceSolstice

IceSolstice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[Kuhaku]

Haku looks at Jonathan, “So you’re limited by your knowledge. I can do a similar thing with nanites. Does size or complexity matter for the construct?”

In response to Izuna, “My Gift is nice in that it’s versatile. But I doubt I could win in a contest of raw strength against you.”

Haku’s eyes narrow at Liam’s excuse--he seemed too careless, too lax, and an attention seeker.

“So Vance can also make items with his nanites? And how much can you take in?” she asks Liam.

Haku could hear every word the two brothers were discussing between them and replies innocently with, “What does a mouth have to do with anything?”

But once the ETG is mentioned, Liam’s demeanor changes drastically and Haku tenses again. Although Liam looked carefree and cheerful on the outside, he was still a threat.

“I’m not sure I can say the same,” Haku retorts, “considering you drug little girls.”

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. mas0n99

mas0n99 Starship Captain

~Izuna~

Izuna blinks before she giggles
    "Liam is a druggie who drugs little girls, Calling you Druggie now Liam!" she comments before commenting on the strength factor "Well, If I use my ability I get...um...Feral...I guess is the word so...uh...I probably wouldnt listen..." She thinks before giggling again "Unless someone pets me...Kidding I dont know if that works..." she makes face before smiling and hums softly crossing her legs before she plucks at her clothes "I need money....I gotta be food and clothes now that I cant 'steal' food from uh...Vance's apartment" She nods pouting a bit.

4. Mattie_

[Liam]

"Well you're a little girl, so you better watch out..." Liam threatens as he leans forward, his expression one of utmost aggression. He then leans back and laughs, straightening up. "I'm just kidding." He says with a genuine smile, a carefree expression on his face once more. "You take things way too seriously. Reminds me of someone I knew actually..." Liam trails off.

"Here, Izuna, I can teach you how to steal things from stores. You'll be self-sufficient, never having to worry about food or clothing again. I had to do the same thing to survive at your age. I would have died otherwise. My friends taught me, but since you don't have anyone to teach you, I will if you want."

[Jake]

"All the better to eat things with." He says in response to Haku.

5. mas0n99

mas0n99 Starship Captain

~Izuna~

Izuna blinks
    "You're not gonna drug me are you?" She tilts her head shifting around "And ok sure" she nods looking to Haku and smiles happily ^-^ "Haku im bored wanna do something?" She looks to Jake then at Liam then back at Haku and tilts her head curiously "anything fun?" she sticks her tongue out at Haku giggling.

6. samsan99

samsan99 Space Spelunker

~Jonathan~

Jonathan nods to Haku
    "Yes they do.. The more complex the object I construct the faster it seems to.. ehh.. decay? and it takes more out of me" Frowning at Liams offer "What is wrong with just working for it?" Glancing over to him uneasily "It isnt that hard to find work around here is it..?"

7. Mr_Sheep_san

Mr_Sheep_san Void-Bound Voyager

-Amisa-
    The sunlight danced on the stones of the walls as the trees swayed with the gentle touch of the refreshing breeze. The girl hidden in the shadows shivers, startling a nearby cat, which proceeds to hiss at the girl before leaping away. This was the beginning of another stagnant day, or at least in her books.

The sun beat down on the day like an overbearing, luminescent ball of burning death. It threatened to bake anything and everything that dared walk beneath its rays; or at least this was how the girl depicted this world around her. It was so hot that the girl imagined the heat waves were visible and that they danced back and forth in the sunlight, creating an almost haze-like atmosphere. The cicadas cooed in the distance and the girl, who was foolish enough to be caught outdoors in a gray sweater vest and black pants, wiped the perspiration off of her forehead as she rested in the shadows of the alleyway. She sighed a few times and glanced down at her watch every now and again expectantly, but nothing came nor went her way.

Over the course of this long, tiresome display of utter boredom, she occasionally shivers. Of course this is not due to the day's temperature, because it was honestly far too hot outside to be anywhere near a chilling temperature, but she continued to conduct this strange action as she could not shake the feeling of someone watching her. She never felt safe anymore. Not even in this city that was meant to be a “safe haven” of sorts. Deciding that the odd feeling must be due to the fact that her alleyway had been compromised, she removed herself from the shadows and navigated through the adjoining alleys. Weaving in and out of the alley, she ducked into a nearby store and used her ability to change the appearance of her clothes as she entered. Her sweater vest was transformed into a baby blue t-shirt, her black pants to jean shorts, her headband to a white baseball cap, and her glasses were reconstructed into tinted sunglasses. Acting the part of a paying customer, she perused the clothing section of the store as she waited for her stalker to follow in pursuit.

-Revi-
    Revi intently watched the dirty-blonde haired girl with black rimmed glasses in the sweater vest across the street. He had only noticed her about an hour ago when he had sat down at a window seat of a local, seemingly-popular bakery called Bobert's Bread. Words could not described how elated he felt. He had been searching for his angel ever since he had lost track of her, which was around the same time he got sidetracked with stalking the strange boy wearing the queer, yet captivating hat. He still had a bone to pick with that boy. If only he had not been called to participate in the tournament, he would have gone all out during their brief skirmish.

But none of that incident mattered now. He had once again found his angel. Just watching her from afar was enough for him. Revi sighed as a peculiar sort of grin crept onto his face. Completely entranced by every little movement the girl made, he began to worry when he noticed how often the girl shivered. The day was scorching hot and she was wearing the most unsuitable clothing to accommodate for the heat, so there was absolutely no reason for her to shiver. Revi began to stand when the girl glanced in the bakery's general direction, causing his heart to skip a beat for a second. Clearly not making eye contact with him, the girl surveyed his side of the street before turning around and disappearing into the alley.

Recovering from his daze, Revi left a tip on his table, having already paid for his drink up front, and scrambled out of the bakery. He quickly crossed the street and sprinted down the alley in hopes of catching up to the girl. However, upon reaching the other side of the alley, he found himself standing on the sidewalk of another mildly busy street, and the girl was nowhere to be seen. As Revi cautiously scanned his surroundings, his hand reflexively moved to the hilt of his blade. He was debating whether he should summon one of his corpses when he caught a glimpse of a person with golden brown hair wearing a gray sweater vest out of the corner of his right eye. Casually walking down his side of the street, he glanced as inconspicuously as he could into the shops and other buildings as he searched for his angel once again.

Mattie_ and Cenesramance like this.
  8. Mattie_

[Liam]

"Sometimes you can't find work, or there's no work to be found. Better to have a skill and never have to use it, rather than go your entire life hoping it'll never happen to you. And I didn't grow up here. There's plenty of work to find in this city, but I can't rely on it always being this peaceful." Liam reasons. He takes out a chocolate chip waffle and starts munching on it.

9. samsan99

samsan99 Space Spelunker

~Jonathan~

"Well.. that is true.. at lest you have it than... and just hope you do need to use it" Looking at the chocolate ship waffle Hoping that isn't drugged like his brownies are Before Looking over to Izuna and Haku "What did you want to do today Izuna?"

10. IceSolstice

[Kuhaku]

Haku’s expression darkens as Liam leans forward. She would not hesitate to cut this man down. But to do so without any knowledge of his limitations, or rather his subtle refusal of parting with such information, would be utter foolishness. The frivolous facade he put up was only an indication of his cautiousness, an opponent not to be underestimated. Liam pulls back and laughs.

Hearing Jake’s response, Haku agrees and finishes eating the rest of the door.

In reply to Izuna’s question, Haku says “I’m supposed to wait with Jake and Liam to meet up with Vance. And what do people do for ‘fun’?” Haku tilts her head, curious of the concept of ‘fun’. Did it create more of that bubbly or glimmery feeling--happiness?

Haku nods to acknowledge Jonathan’s answer.

Seeing Liam preoccupied with eating a waffle and answering questions from the others, Haku throws a fast punch towards him.

11. Cenesramance

Cenesramance Void-Bound Voyager

[Vance]

Watching everything in the lobby from the security cameras installed and reading everyone's lips, he had a pretty good idea of what was going on downstairs.

Only four floors until Vance reached the top, and he was dying for its arrival.

*ding*

Vance steps out into the hall before the others, and immediately goes for the other elevator. He eagerly bops the down button and waits for it to slowly rise up to him. The doors slide open and he realizes that there is a slight problem with this one. Mainly being that this is the one with a gaping hole in the bottom. He peers down and slips over the edge carefully, aiming to hit the ground without hitting the sides of the shaft. He lets his processor take control of his movements in the dark shaft, occasionally touching the cable in the center to realign himself. As he falls closer to the bottom, he notices that the doors to this shaft were missing as well, evident by the light leaking in and traveling up the shaft a little. As he neared the bottom, he grabbed onto the cable with both hands to slow his fall and gracefully impact on the ground, stepping out of the elevator with a cloud of dust billowing behind him like a majestic sandstorm.

Vance walks towards the group, and gleefully watches Haku throw a punch at Liam.

Mr_Sheep_san likes this.
  12. Mattie_

[Liam]

He air bursts sideways, expelling air out of his body to hurl himself backward while sucking in the air behind him. The punch passed harmlessly to the side of his body.

"Do you always punch people you've just met?" Liam asks sardonically, taking another bite of his waffle.

Jake gives Haku a 'now why did you go and do that?' Look. He then turns to wave at Vance, who had apparently just walked off the set of Expendables 4.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Mr_Sheep_san likes this.
  13. IceSolstice

((Collab Post. Edited to reflect changes in Liam’s power.))

[Kuhaku]

Haku’s punch passes through thin air. Of course. Someone like him wouldn't simply leave himself open to an attack. Ignoring the approaching presence (that seemed like it had a flair for theatrics) and Jake’s reprimanding look, Haku speeds forward and starts up another punch.

[Liam]

He crosses his arms in front of him and leaps backwards, bursting himself backwards with the expanding air of an explosion. Jake, DO something!!

[Kuhaku]

As she continues rushing forward, she watches as Liam propels himself back with a burst of air. The timing of his landing makes him vulnerable.. And Haku decides to go for a ranged attack in conjunction with a physical one. She creates three shurikens in her left hand and chucks them at Liam while moving forward.

[Liam]

Jake whyyyyy.

He watches as she produces shurikens to fling at him as she runs forward. He skids backwards and lands roughly on his feet, arms still crossed. Jeez what's non-fatal... Liam fires a stream of compressed water at Haku and absorbs the shurikens into his Pocket as they hit him in the torso.

[Kuhaku]

Haku sees the water heading towards her and narrowly dodges it. That water speed…is dangerous. Confirmed that he can absorb inorganic objects at least. It also seems like we’re both not aiming to kill. Haku keeps barreling forward, wanting to unleash the punch she had started earlier.

[Liam]

That dodge was inhumanly fast. He keeps up the water, firing it in short bursts all around her to ensure a better chance of hitting. Jake she may be ETG afterall?!

[Kuhaku]

Noticing bursts of water being fired at her, Haku thinks It’s too much of a hassle to dodge them all...And he seems awfully keen on the idea of keeping me away from him. She decelerates her forward motion to a complete stop and cancels the punch to whip out an arm blade in preparation for the water heading towards her. With the flat of the weapon, Haku uses slicing motions to deflect them until Liam runs out. Enough of this… Haku begins to turn around and back away from Liam, still keeping tabs on him out of the corner of her eye.

[Liam]

Liam stops throwing water at Haku because Liam is a ninja and can sense Haku's murderous intent drop drastically. And wasn't seriously fighting anymore. Even though moments before she had thrown sharp blades at him.

[Kuhaku]

Sauntering over to the remains of the elevator door (about 3/4ths of it intact) lying on the ground, Haku picks it up and throws the door at Liam.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  14. Mattie_

[Liam]

He shoots Haku a bored look, purposefully maintaining eye contact as a brilliant red laser shoots out of his shoulder to slice the elevator door in half vertically, shortly followed by an explosion that pushes the cut door apart, the pieces passing by on either side of him. The pieces crash down on either side of Liam, one skidding toward Vance and the other lodging in the wall. Liam takes a slow, deliberate bite of his waffle and tilts his head at her. That was pretty uncalled for. Jake looks on with disinterest before giving Haku a disappointed look.

15. IceSolstice

[Kuhaku]

Haku observes Liam’s reactions carefully. He had to stop it. It would've been much easier to have let the door pass through him or absorb it like he did with the shurikens--yet he had gone out of his way to shoot a laser at it. There was most likely an upper limit to how much he could absorb or take in. Liam had also made a lot of effort to keep his distance from her as well. Maybe he can't absorb or pass through living things. And considering Liam's various attacks, Haku speculated that he could absorb attacks and redirect them with the original kinetic energy intact. But I wonder if he can only redirect it from the point he was hit originally... But content with the information she has gathered for now, Haku calmly walks over to the pieces of the elevator door and eats them.

Seeing Jake’s disappointed look directed at her, Haku replies,

“You can never be too cautious.”

Redirecting her gaze to Liam’s waffle, she realizes she hadn’t eaten in the last 48 hours and asks innocently,

“Can I have some food?”

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  16. Jupiter714

Jupiter714 Poptop Tamer

<Nia>

Nia, still new the city, sat on the edge of a balcony she had opened a portal to, eating a sandwich she had stolen from a vendor below. She watched the bustling city from her perch. It seemed like any old city at first, but her fascination grew as she saw the occasional person use a power.
    After she finished her lunch, she opened a portal down and roamed the streets in the shadows, watching from afar.

17. Mattie_

[Liam, Jake, & Vance]

"...Sure? Only if you promise not to throw anything else at me." Liam shrugs and hands her a chocolate chip muffin. He then finishes off the chocolate chip waffle and brushes his hands off, washing it down with a bit of milk.

Jake turns to Vance. "Since she'll be showing us the way to some ETG bases, she'll have to be able to work with us. So bring us to your lab. We can spar there, and also show her her room."

Vance punts the skidding door back, in a neat arc towards Jake. Jake raises his arm unhurriedly and stops the door dead as it touches his outstretched fingers. The young GIfted teleports the door beside Haku incase she wanted to eat more of it. "Don't throw it again." Jake says in an aside to Haku.

Vance walks toward the cluster of people and stares at SDK-079. "Where'd you find her Jake? Isn't she suppose to be off the continent?"

"She must have been in the middle of transit and her ship had stopped to refuel on Derika when we attacked it." Jake theorizes.

"Oh sure... we can free up some space down there pretty quickly. And there is one furnished cell unoccupied, as it's resident escaped." Vance motions everyone to follow him to his lab, and leads them to a separate elevator down to the basement and labs.

18. IceSolstice

[Kuhaku]

Haku examines the muffin cautiously. She wouldn’t be surprised if this was drug-laced, not after the way she treated Liam. But it wouldn’t matter. Her body was highly resistant to harmful substances due to her nanites after all. She takes a tentative bite out of the muffin, and finding that it tasted sweet, she quickly devours the whole thing.

Jake teleports the door beside her and Haku shoots him a grateful glance. She didn’t like Liam, but Jake was nice. When he tells her to not throw it again, Haku nods.

Hearing the newcomer’s words, Haku stares at him and asks, “Do I...know you? And I’ll be staying in another cell?” Haku frowns at the thought.

((Um….page claimed for muffin souls?))

19. Cenesramance

Cenesramance Void-Bound Voyager

[Vance]

"Nope! We have never met before. I simply looked you up in the ETG database that I downloaded, although there there was a lot of confidential stuff that I couldn't..." Vance trails off and ponders deeply, slowly stroking his chin between his thumb and index finger. He looks back at her and notices the frown, then says "Cell... More like a highly furnished, secured room. It's last occupant ran off with a lot of my valuables, so they'll not be moving back in."

Vance presses the elevator button and turns back to face anyone who followed behind with a smile.

"Please do not pet the experiments."

20. mas0n99

mas0n99 Starship Captain

~Izuna~
    (Aaa...Nap time and now all of you actually posted >.< Weeee time to try and respond with a poorly made post Dx)
    Izuna blinks hurriedly following Haku acting almost like a dog as she follows her around, her ears twitching rapidly as she growls a bit at Vance but never the less follows Haku to the basement she kept hearing about, She thinks on what she said about what fun is and chooses to answer is now
    "Fun is when you get all happy and stuff! I was wanting to go to the swimming pool but uh..now we're down here..." She makes a face before she comments rather loudly "Hey! Wait a minute! Why cant Haku live with meee!" She whines out loud frowning deeply as she pouts rather adorably crossing her arms but remains by Haku's side "Haku can live with me and not in this...experiment..laboratory WHERE I DID NOT LIVE" she glares at Vance for a time being "Idiot...I dont think Haku wants to live in a smelly old basement I think she would love the view of my apartment!" she smiles brightly.