RP DEPTHS: The depths

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

((Linguist trait))

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

The polygon seems to perfectly spread throughout the entire polyhedron, taking a lot of power to bring it to red hot temperature...
    After a very long time, you actually manage to melt it entirely before you actually cut it... However, your plasma torch is quite depleted...
    Ghiksi taps your shoulder...
    "Uhh, Rook...? You might want to look at the ground..."
    Lesc, having likely spent some time on the way here studying the phonetic based symbols, can only vaguely translate it to something involving "My", "Go", "-th" And then several unpronounceable/untranslated words...
    "Hang on, I've got some mining explos-"
    The sallok miner stops as you hear the sound of a plasma torch cutting into something nearby. Probably in the area below.
    You notice a conflict beginning to arise between some of the members, including the "huge strange two leg that smells of fish wearing a hood"...
    You notice Rook is trying to use a weilding torch on the door below you...

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Rook kills the torch, and flips up her googles. "Sorry what was that? This thing's got a bit of bark to it..." She looks down towards the ground.

4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" My go? The ending -th? That ring a bell? My go....my go...Wait....wait........Where do I remember that name..."

" Huh....I've heard it somewhere....some author or somethin.... "

5. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

"Sure, as long as you people can refrain from insulting my gods, I'll refrain from trying to skin you."

6. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

He stands by the side watching, trying to figure it out with the help of the translator.

7. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"Do we know just what was being dug out in here?"

8. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

"Something old and tough." He leans down a bit to get a better look at Rook's progress. "A fine tool, has it got the door open?"

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Rooks was still looking for whatever it was that caught Ghiksi's attention. "Heh, I'm not trying to brute-force the door open; just testing out a little hypothesis."

10. critsarecool

@Jareix Cryvix

Jelen sees that the confrontation is nearing its end, so he decides to explore more around these ruins.

11. Jareix Cryvix

All around you, glowing chunks of the metal presumably from when the object was blown apart have seemingly melted as well, despite being totally distant from each other.
    "That's super weird..."
    It escapes you...
    They nod, the situation is diffused.
    A miner sallok speaks up.
    "This. This is what we were looking for this whole time. Before that it was just an abandoned khloqdahl cave.
    You notice the melted bits of things, and the polyhedron she has.
    You notice a burrow entrance large enough for a shorter two-leg. It reeks of fishfrog, but with a saltier taste like fresh seawater.

Arra and Firebird Zoom like this.
  12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"That might explain why it took so long, if the other bits were sinking heat off; however that works." Rook swaps the power cell of her plasma torch. "Hopefully I don't need to pull that trick off again, since it's pretty taxing on power; unless we have a means to recharge my cells." She takes a look a the now (hopefully) clear socket.

13. critsarecool

Jelen looks at the entrance for a moment, before looking for the short, two-leg not-cattle bird, waving them over. (@Zoomninja3000)

14. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

"What?" Calico signs before walking over.

15. critsarecool

He points to the hole. 'Want you explore?' ((We're assuming that the translator is translating for us))

16. Jareix Cryvix

It's now clear, if slightly damaged. Theoretically, if you rotate it right, the object should fit now.
    He translates, but then explains.
    "I'm not going to be able to join you if you do..."

17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Alright, the moment of truth." Rook takes the polyhedron she was carrying, carefully inserting it into the socket.

18. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"Okay.." He heads over to Rook to see if she is making progress.

19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Lia and Lesc continue to look around. Lia hums

20. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Conall watches on with interest. "A... Handle?"