OOC DEPTHS [APPS WANTED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Opinion

1. Delicous! (Very positive)

45.2%
  2. Appealing. (Positive)

41.9%
  3. Not worth a fuss... (Neutral)

6.5%
  4. Appalling. (Negative)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Disgusting! (Very negative)

6.5%
  1. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Name: Shinera

Relationships: relationships with other characters, both your own and others. NPCs included...

Race: Human(cyborg)

Age: 80. However, this means nothing, as he is mostly machine

Physical appearance: A gigantic man, his body is mainly green and black robotic parts. Only part of his head and chest remain, and even those are laced with metal. He usually has a helmet on, reminiscent of ancient greek helmets.
    He is eight feet tall

Personality: Calm and soft spoken, and very kind. He will pop like a bottle of nitroglycerin randomly, though. He is already a bit wonky in the head. Some decisions he makes may not exactly be rational

Traits:

Cyborg- He is mostly machine. This means parts are interchangeable, and he can easily survive things most people cannot. His life support systems are advanced enough that he only needs electricity and his life support kit to survive.

Durable- he can take a hit. And a hundred more too.

Contortionist- his mechanical parts can move in unusual ways

Mechanic-soldier- he is both a mechanic and a fighter. two for one!

Big- eight feet tall, and made of metal. He weighs a ton. literally. (sword included)

Mechanical- since he runs off of electricity, constant fueling is a must. An EMP will also disable everything on him but life support

Slow- his mechanical body is slow, and occasionally glitches

Clumsy- his body is not an exact human mimic. it is impossible to get used to.

Roid Rage- the constant life supporting chemicals pumped through him make him incredibly quick to anger, and incredibly volatile

amnesiac- All of his memories were taken. this may help, or hinder him

Equipment and inventory: Himself. Most of his cyborg parts are detachable and replaceable. He carries a maintenance kit, an emergency life support pack, several fuel cells (for obvious reasons), and a giant sword. The sword is about six feet tall and six inches wide. The blade can emit a plasma shell, making it even better at cutting. This blade is only usable because of his gigantic exoskeleton. He also carries a roll of duct tape, and a few bars of rebar.
    He also has several attachments within his arms. these include
    -Right hand blade- a foot long pointed blade that comes out of his hand, with serrations. Both a tool and a weapon
    -Blaster/zapper- a projectile weapon that can stun or kill
    -lighter
    -scissors
    He can also flatten his left hand into a maul to bash rocks, or people

History: He can remember nothing. He carries skills and rudimentary knowledge from his previous life...but it is as if everything about him, and who he is, was surgically removed.
    his first memory is the orders to go down into the cavern. They thought, if someone lacked past memories to haunt them, they could not go insane

Other notes: Just other things about your character that should be known. Nothing too major...

2. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

@Jareix Cryvix
    Hey, just to let you know, I added kleptomaniac to the flaw list for Jelen, to make playing him a bit more interesting. It also explains his keen interest in the gem.

3. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry for inactivity, my home internets been rather broken lately. It seems to have gone somewhat better so hopefully ill be able to become more active...

... hopefully.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Well, you may want to read up on what's happening right now.
    Namely the chittering otherworldly laugh...

5. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Replace highway with hallway. :p

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  6. critsarecool

@Firebird Zoom
    Calico wasn't there for when Jelen found the gem, she doesn't know his name, none what she said is stuff that she would know. Don't meta game.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

She's not referencing the gem, she's trying to bait him with the lure of a different one.

Though I'd think she's confused "uncultured" with "barbaric stupidity"... (an honest mistake for her character, but one that may make for interesting character dialogue...)

8. critsarecool

Still though, she wouldn't know his name, that's the main bit. And I agree, that should lead to some fun misunderstandings.

Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. Jareix Cryvix

We'll assume names were learned on the way down. It is a long trip down the mines after all.

Also, I redrew Hilou. 000.jpg

Dipdoo, HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  10. themushroomlord

Sorry for inactivity, my internet is getting fixed today so hopefully it'll be somewhat usable within the next few days.

11. Jareix Cryvix

Here's your current map as far as you know it.
    [​IMG]

Sir Wilfrey and Firebird Zoom like this.
  12. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Quite circular...

Firebird Zoom and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  13. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I'll be putting this in a spoiler because of the size, but anyways, here goes whatever courage to show up publicly again. (Wilfreys are hunted to near extinction around anywhere but their own territory don't you know)

Name: Harvey Vagantem

Relationships: None known

Race: Formless

Physical appearance:
    [​IMG]

Sidenotes: Relatively short (5'6) and lightweight given his size, thin and wiry even for his kind

Personality: Manipulative, Cunning, "Medical Sociopathy" (little to no emotion regarding medical dirty work, ie removing organs etc from the dead), Scheming, Self-Preservative, Humorous

Traits:

Deep Focus (Maintaining his humanoid form constantly has sharpened his concentration to a fine point)

Intelligent (Being an Alchemist, he has a broad knowledge of both the ingredients he gets and the world/beings he gets them from)

Silver Tongue (Owning a business in a hostile, cynical world teaches you how to persuade customers and convince your way out of and into many situations)

Unusual (Odd even for a Formless, he behaves entirely of his own accord and acts quite unlike the norm ((hence his ease of walking and keeping solid form)), making him unpredictable, though this isn't always bad)

Formless (Being able to shift into liquid at will allows for extremely lethal takedowns and limitless stealth, but makes him a glass cannon in terms of organ damage)

Cannibalistic (Every great doctor has a great flaw, and Harvey has had to eat limbs of other sentients to survive in his expeditions, and grew to be somewhat fond of taking a snack alongside his 'harvesting'..)

Dark humor (Able to make a chuckle out of nigh anything, he can provide much needed morale, but can also be extremely offputting to more serious people)

Psychopathic (Being twisted even for a Formless, Harvey feels very little remorse for outright murder if he believes they posed a threat to him)

Paranoid (Being of a fragile race, Harvey truly believes anything pretending to be "Good" is actually going to kill him if he lets his guard down, he has very little in the way of friends from this)

Two-Faced (It's extremely hard to get a bead on what Harvey truly intends or means, as he has a conflicting nature and hides his paranoia behind his grin)

No Direct Combat Experience (Is used to poisoning or shooting his unaware prey, not a firefight or true combat situation, and as such is both frailer and less accurate when under fire or brawling)

Equipment and inventory: Alchemist Satchel (medium size bag on the belt for ingredients/parts), Small Hat (He keeps a few notes in it on occasion, and has made it something of an imaginary friend), 3 vials of what he refers to as "stimpaks" for emergency recoveries, a revolver (not the most accurate shot but the bullets are laced with highly lethal poison), 20 rounds for aforementioned revolver (6 always in the chamber and 14 in a fold inside his vest), a small knife (again laced) in other inside fold of his vest for both removing ingredients and defense.

History: Being raised as an outer exile, Harvey was exposed to a very violent and dark world from birth. His mother being eaten by a feral shoggoth early on, and only his abusive father to raise him warped his sanity to a degree. Rather than crying, Harvey learned to laugh. And laugh often he did, he laughed as he excelled in intellectual arts, he laughed as others laughed at him for wanting to look like the humanoid races spoken of in legends, he laughed as they served his next alchemical theory, and he laughed as he burned his house to the ground with his father inside at 18. Using his unique talents, he provides medical and less savory chemical favors for the grateful, if wary, exile population. His tinge of madness and distinct personality made him a household name in his area, but he is often avoided for his tendency to cause trouble and his mouth, which creates most of that trouble. Rumor has it his mental state has worsened, and that he hears voices from forgotten gods to fulfill a purpose, though what it is he never says. Harvey grows restless, and ventures far from his home in search of... something. Or someone.

Other notes: Quite likes music, especially things sounding old-timey. He finds comfort in anything he can immerse himself in. It is completely unknown where he got his clothes or hat. Tends to eat anything he perceives as edible. Nobody sees where he sleeps.

(theme: )

14. Jareix Cryvix

Just so others know, accepted...
    I'm sure you'll be able to provide a warm welcome to the depths...

Firebird Zoom and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  15. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I dont know if this is happening to others, but the picture isnt working.

Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  16. themushroomlord

Everyone's favourite mushroom has returned!
    ... unless of course some of you have another mushroom you prefer to the one mentioned at the start of this post in which case, a mushroom has returned!

Also if someone would be so kind as to tell me where my characters are located and if they're doing anything I should know about I'd appreciate if you tell me, as I may or may not have forgotten.

17. critsarecool

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  18. Jareix Cryvix

Northwards is the blocked off/barricaded route. To the west is where the star vampire headed down.

Sir Wilfrey and Firebird Zoom like this.
  19. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

What about Calico's tunnel?

20. Jareix Cryvix

That's just outside to the south.