1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion [DEPRECATED] StarDanksCMS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by danks_, Dec 26, 2013.

1. benwang1209

benwang1209 Space Hobo

Just register this forum for thanks for the project!
    but I have some problem about installing CMS on my Server Machine.
    Im downloaded XAMPP to running website,
    but when I go to install.php I saw this page seems not normal than I saw in tut video.
    [​IMG]

can you tell me where I did wrong?
    Thanks for reading this post.
    :)

2. benwang1209

benwang1209 Space Hobo

NVM I fix this prob via install APPserv and remove xampp and it works.

3. RavenDust

RavenDust Scruffy Nerf-Herder

?!? If anything, people are reporting problems with XAMPP. I *think* they are related to short tags
    Code:
    <? ?>
    instead of
    Code:
    <?php ?>
    . You can fix this either by allowing shorttags in your XAMPP's php.ini *or* do a search and replace in all the files - php.ini woulf be easier, i guess.

Howto:
    search your php.ini (%installdir%/xampp/php/php.ini) for
    Code:
    short_open_tag = Off
    replace it by
    Code:
    short_open_tag = On

4. benwang1209

benwang1209 Space Hobo

Auth seems like not working?
    My Steam ID hasn't register on website
    I've banned my test account and test Character but I still can enter my server..
    Where I've done it wrong?

P.S. I've already startup my server via using web interface.

Update:
    After I reinstall the CMS, It seems to working well.
    because when I startup server with web interface, server will be online until I log-in to server(haven't register whitelist)
    server will crash after I login with non-registered whitelist account,
    then when I restart server, it will show some JSON error something like 1:1 with cpp error.
    未命名.png
    than I have to delete starbound_server.exe and redownload it via STEAM to make server working again.

can someone help me with this odd error?

Im running server 639 I guess

*sorry for my bad English, my Main language is not English.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  5. AbbyTheRat

AbbyTheRat Aquatic Astronaut

Yes, that's one of the problems with xampp and I fear it's not the only problem. Until I have a chance to look through the changes and test it on my xampp configuration, I don't know the other problems.. (I think some of the values don't get inserted into the database.. I noticed that with the last version and I think it's still exist with this one)

6. benwang1209

benwang1209 Space Hobo

it will be great if Admin can 'edit' menu items,
    not delete one menu item and add another menu item instead.
    thanks for the hard work.

7. rickyfk

rickyfk Space Hobo

would someone be able to help me install this in my linux server

as im getting
    Connect Error (1045) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  8. AbbyTheRat

Check your password and username for the database.

9. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

Is there any way this cms can remotely edit the files needed for the game from linux to windows.

For example, I have a webhost that uses linux and I host the starbound server from my windows computer. How would I be able to have the cms direct to a file on my home from a remote website.

10. RavenDust

*If* i get your question right, you want it like that: [Linux box - webserver] <-- interwebs --> [Windows box - Starbound server]? If so, sorry, there's no way that would fully work. If the starbound server would have some kind of remote console or api, it would be possible, but as of now, everything is controlled by (server-)local files and process checks (which don't relly work from remote, at least not that i know).

So no, no way i know of yet.

11. AbbyTheRat

I swore the info about the webserver must share same host as the game server was on the first page, I guess it got taken out.

12. RavenDust

Yeah, i guess. The first post seems rewritten to me, too ^^

13. Versuno

Versuno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for putting together this great CMS. I finally got mine working last night in linux Centos with LAMP, couldn't get it to work with XAMPP for some reason so had to install everything more manually.

The site seems be working well, but there seems to be an issue with receiving information from the starbound server. The site says the server is online, but won't get anything else from it like how many users are online etc.

StarDenizen.com - if anybody wants to check it out.

14. RavenDust

Sounds like some issue with file paths/permissions to me. Could you provide some information about where your starbound server binary is located and which paths you provided in stardanks? Also watch out for the permissions of the starbound.log file - the user your webserver is running with has to be able to read from that file.

15. AbbyTheRat

the filepath is not correct, so it's trying to access a file that's not there. If you feel comfortable, you can try editing the database to put the correct filepath. I can't remember if there's a page to allow you to edit the file paths.

16. Wingfighter

Wingfighter Guest

in log.class.php
    Code:
                        $l = implode(",", $line);
    has to be changed to
    Code:
                        $l = implode(",", (array)$line);
    otherwise it gives warnings.

danks_ and SweFox like this.
  17. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

I've had some very shitty months, since early/mid February I've been so busy with everything, Uni catching on, I've been having some troubles keeping myself in Germany, Venezuela (home) is on a really tough spot right now, I've lost 2 family members and economy wise it's slowly getting worse, which affects me a lot too.

I've tried to keep myself updated when it comes to Starbound updates, but, I haven't been really successful, I end up wasting the little free time I have playing DoTA2 to kill stress and anxiousness.

Can't really promise to update the CMS a lot more, I might, because I really miss playing SB and working on the CMS, but ugh, I'm seriously looking into a lot right now, trying to get my shit together and see how I can spin my life around, trying to get through some shitty depression and stuff. I also spent like a month at some friends house because I had no internet where I live and I had to study for some exams, etc.

I see that the topic has been recently brought back, I'd really appreciate someone PM me the core changes to the server, I see that there's a /serverreload command now, does it affect the whitelist account list? if so, the CMS will finally be somewhat useful.

Sorry again to everyone. Won't promise being as active as I was before, but I'll try to check in more often, I hate abandoning projects.

18. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Oh wow, so sorry to hear that :(!

19. danks_

Alright guys, quick update to v2.0.2 with the code change that Wingfighter suggested, the edit function for the menu that both @SweFox and @benwang1209 asked for.
    Version no longer says "unknown"

As for @Versuno, I'd love to check it but it brings up an error and leads me to godaddy.com.

And I re-added the "Web and Server must be hosted in the same machine" back to the requisites in the original post. I will upload a full v2.0.2 version soon.
    I made some changes to the database, I'll be working on an update.php for the people that are already running the site and don't want to lose the registered accounts.

Like I said, am sorry for being so inactive, I wish I could update regularly again. I'll try harder.

20. danks_

I fixed some bugs in the admin panel, added a new Donator List function and fixed some issues with install.php, with that I can feel at ease knowing that the CMS is pretty stable even if I go inactive again.

I added an upgrade.php script for those who have an older version, just replace all the files and run the upgrade.php script, your accounts, news, logs and configurations will remain unchanged. You will have to re-order your menu (Link to your forums for example), re-create your custom pages if you had any (AKA About Us, Server Rules) and add your Administrator and Moderator names back to the staff list.

Remember to delete install.php and upgrade.php once you finish setting up the CMS.

Have a nice day! All feedback welcome.
    If you'd like to see a DEMO of the website running, click here.