Deep Sea Research and Mining Base

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheFloranChef, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Ray87

Ray87 Void-Bound Voyager

that is what this page is for matey post away love to see it

TheFloranChef likes this.
  2. telephonicCommander

telephonicCommander Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    I need advice on what to put in that empty space in the center of the room (first big build btw, let me know what you think)

3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

You could do some kind of design with the paint tool. Maybe a logo or something.

telephonicCommander likes this.
  4. alibabaggypants

alibabaggypants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So here's my first big build, Aquarius Outpost!
    First we have the above water entrance!
    aquarius base1.PNG

It needs to be expanded more but for now it has a guard tower and a small house for the guard to sleep in.
    Then we have town square. The above water entrance comes out here and theres also an underwater entrance. The second entrance needs some refining but it works like some of the simpler designs on the page.
    aquarius base2.PNG

Finally we have some of the shops, and a couple houses. The bottom floor is to be a second house in that complex but I havent around to it yet. On the far right is the power generators for the town.
    aquarius base3.PNG
    Next up is an apartment complex for all of these villagers!

5. telephonicCommander

telephonicCommander Void-Bound Voyager

I actually posted what I ended up doing with that space. It's probably going to change eventually but Im satisfied with it for now

6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I really like the idea what you did with the tower on the right... using these floran objects...!

7. alibabaggypants

alibabaggypants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks! If you mean the first picture, I was looking through the platforms list and I saw some of those! When I did I fell in love with the concept of using them honestly and had to search them out. It's one of my favorite things I've done really. Kinda nostalgic.

8. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I've been really busy at work and haven't checked this thread for quite some time. It's nice to see that underground bases are still in development. :)

@alibabaggypants Nice choice of blocks. That's how I imagine a Hylotl underwater city, a japanese look but with high-tech blocks.

9. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

Hey guys, am I doing this right?

[​IMG]

10. shades2000mc

shades2000mc Master Chief

That's a minecraft circles guide dude, and nice base btw. Did you by chance get all those things in admin? Just curious. =D

11. Kirumaru

Kirumaru Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow. I love your Air Lock system. I've been trying to think of a clever way to do that for a while now. I love it.

12. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

If you need some help with one, here's my airlock:

[​IMG]

It's wired so that the doors work on the buttons' timers, and cannot both be open at the same time.

Incidentally, you're in luck - I accidentally took off one of my logic gates while I was recording this, so I rewired it from scratch and took some screenshots.

[​IMG]

This airlock uses two AND gates and two NOT gates - one of each for each door. First, we wire the two buttons on the left side to one of the inputs on the left AND gate. It will only return positive if it's getting positive outputs in both of its inputs. An input can take any number of outputs, so this first bit is checking if either of the two buttons are pressed. (That's so that we can open the door from either side.) The output of the AND gate is connected to the door.

[​IMG]

Next, we take the opposite door's output and wire it to the NOT gate, and then wire that to the other input on the AND gate. So now what we have is "if either button is pressed, and the right door is not open, then open the left door."

[​IMG]

Now we do the same thing for the other side. Two buttons in one input on the AND gate, and the output goes to the right door.

[​IMG]

The left door's output goes to the NOT gate on the right side, and the right side NOT gate goes to the other input on the right AND gate.

Done! And look how pretty the wires came out looking.

Hope that helps!

13. Kirumaru

Kirumaru Pangalactic Porcupine

That's awesome. My Hylotl Empire will put this technology to good use.

Godbot likes this.
  14. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

TheFloranChef and Godbot like this.
  15. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

SivCorp likes this.
  16. AnNoYiNg NaMe

AnNoYiNg NaMe Void-Bound Voyager

http://community.playstarbound.com/...-airlock-wiring-tutorials.96377/#post-2612444
    EDIT: Oh, woops. I may have jumped the gun here. I didn't read all the way through to the bottom first, and it looks like someone else posted a tutorial for you. Nevertheless, here's the one I watched, and I thought it was pretty easy-to-follow.

17. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

[QUOTE="TheFloranChef, post: 2352482, member: 249857]

I still have to learn how to create a proper entrance with drains and wiring... that will be really cool.[/QUOTE]
    All u have to do is place a water sensor and two drains, then wire the drains to the sensor. To be extra safe wire the first door to a button that way it closes automatically

18. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I already made some better airlocks, but I want to try to use the new wiring timers. Are they in the game or was it just an announcement (some time ago)?

I started with the stuff I found but eventually changed to admin mode. I believe it was when I started making the subway stations... although I'm not sure.

19. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

I just want to say I'm in love with these builds. Gave me a lot of ideas for my own!

20. Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

I used to love making underwater bases in Minecraft (back when it wasn't a game for kids :giggle:). I can't believe it hasn't crossed my mind to try it in Starbound. This might just give me another reason to pick the game back up.