1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Dedicated Server with workshop mods problem!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by psrkallez06, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 Void-Bound Voyager

When i try to login to my own server i get this: [​IMG]
    Where is that override option? in the starbound_server.config file i have "allowAssetsMismatch" : true,

It still won't work. Tips on how to fix this? it works fine without any mods..
    --- Post updated ---
    Soo no one knows which line to edit to allow any assets??

2. Katrina Sinclaire

Katrina Sinclaire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you have any mods installed through the workshop?

3. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 Void-Bound Voyager

Read the headline.. That is the point of this thread.

4. k5_

k5_ Void-Bound Voyager

I'm gonna echo this issue.
    Got steamcmd on my linux server and was about to bring up a modded server for the enjoyment of a small group of people, but I'm getting the exact same problem.
    My steamcmd install lines were:
    Code:
    app_update 211820
    workshop_download_item 211820 729580047

5. Eibhleann

Eibhleann Big Damn Hero

To ignore asset mismatch you not only need to edit the line in the starbound_server.config to read as true, as you described, you also need to allow assets mismatch in the in-game options, it's the bottom-right check-box.

But in order to get your workshop mods to run on your dedicated server, you need to follow a guide, which is here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/211820/discussions/0/352788917750356151/ written by "djriful" of this forum. It's a bit awkwardly worded, or at least I found myself having a bit of trouble understanding it, so I'll leave an example of my own below.

An example of what this would look like with three workshop mods installed:

{
    "assetDirectories" : [
    "..\\assets\\",
    "..\\mods\\",
    "..\\..\\..\\workshop\\content\\211820\\729422192\\",
    "..\\..\\..\\workshop\\content\\211820\\729439608\\",
    "..\\..\\..\\workshop\\content\\211820\\729653828\\"
    ],

"storageDirectory" : "..\\storage\\",

"defaultConfiguration" : {
    "gameServerBind" : "*",
    "queryServerBind" : "*",
    "rconServerBind" : "*"
    }
    }

Here are some notes to help you avoid the same mistakes I did while trying to figure this out:

Make sure that you add a comma after "..\\mods\\" otherwise it will not work and instead you will get an explosion of errors and the server will crash. Also, make sure there is not a comma after the last directory added, or the same thing will happen.

I also realized that others will get the "Asset Mismatch" issue if you add songs (for use with in-game instruments) since it requires placing files in a subfolder of "..\\assets\\" which is read by the server, so just bear that in mind. The songs work perfectly fine though and others can hear them, even if they don't have the song files.

Proof that it works from my own server console:
    [​IMG]

(Apologies for all the edits for anyone who's noticed, I've been trying to format this to be more legible and less useless information for anyone who needs help.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  6. APerfidiousDane

APerfidiousDane Void-Bound Voyager

So is this issue thrown regardless of mod versions? I have tried hosting a dedicated server through multiplay and hosting a separate server on my local machine. No matter what I always get an asset mismatch issue and I don't see how I'm getting it when running a local server. Especially since I can see them being loaded in my CLI and I'm on the same machine. Connecting to 127.0.0.1 still always results.

7. Eibhleann

Eibhleann Big Damn Hero

Honestly, I'm not sure. I had managed to get it to stop throwing me those messages with the above configuration, but as I added more mods, it suddenly started throwing the error at me again. Honestly, I just allow asset mismatch and go on my merry way. I haven't had any issues with it so far.

8. Sese

Sese Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi all,
    How to find the Steam ID for a mod?

9. RedYoshikira

RedYoshikira Subatomic Cosmonaut

Look at the set of numbers in the workshop mod's url name.

10. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Locking post, Thread revived for a unrelated question,

IF the OP ever comes back and wants the post re-opened send me a PM. Until then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.