1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Dedicated Server Not Launching

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ᛃ ᛏ, Jun 7, 2020.

1. ᛃ ᛏ

ᛃ ᛏ Space Hobo

I was running my own dedicated server (Linux) successfully for a month or so. I took it down briefly to add a user login to the server config file. The server would not start after I made my changes. I restored a backup version of the config file. Same problem.

Please don't just reply only with "post your server log" unless you actually think it is relevant. The very last entry in the log was that the server went down gracefully when I intentionally stopped it. Nothing gets added to the log when I try to start this up.

The error I get is a great big dump that starts as follows:
    [Error] Fatal Exception caught: (StartException) Could not perform initial Root load

followed by a whole bunch of exceptions with hex codes. Any ideas on how to fix this, or where else to ask? I am crossposting to the subreddit and asking in the Discord linked in the subreddit.

Also, I should add: nothing is wrong with the universe files from the server or the player files. I copied them into my local install and everything works fine from there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2020
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

First, avoid doublepost after such a short time. Edit your previous post instead, if you want to make additions.

Second, "followed by a whole bunch of exceptions with hex codes." <- This is a necessary information which is in 90% of all cases needed to track down the issue. Providing the full log is always the best thing you can do tho. If you're afraid of some IP stuff, you can redact them in the log first.

3. ᛃ ᛏ

ᛃ ᛏ Space Hobo

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide the FULL log of the server.