1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala

Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. LunaDeos

LunaDeos Void-Bound Voyager

I've read over that multiple times, and it hasn't worked, so please, no need to be snarky about it. I'm only asking for a fix.

2. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Okay sorry, I was a tad crabby when I responded.

Business as usual; Is this a pre-existing character?
    and are you on stable or unstable?

((Tried on unstable, completely crashed))

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. LunaDeos

Unstable version, pre-existing. I can't seem to paste the old ship code with the new one, there's no paste option. I'm very sorry if this is obvious and i'm missing something.

4. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

this was a stable ship to my knowledge I haven't tried updating myself or I'd have more ideas for you. Argonians were stable built as well

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  5. LunaDeos

That's odd, my version says unstable.

6. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

does this mod fit the new 'upgradable-ship' version of the giraffes? xD (since they dropped the negative koala naming, now they're doing positive giraffes. lol)

7. Gonzo18

Gonzo18 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i think it will take quite a while, and still i have no idea how to upgrade a scrapship :D

8. mimblgrimpf

mimblgrimpf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

HI there Squirrel, just wondering I installed the ship again but it doesn't seem to work. Is it not compatible with v. upbeat giraffe? If not, could you please update it? :3 There will never be another ship that I want to fly in this game

@eksynn I don't think it would work like that ^^ IF, it would be quite fun (and illogical), but all that counts for me atm is that it generally works

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    eksynn likes this.
  9. Antilles

Antilles Orbital Explorer

Would love it if this would be updated to Upbeat Giraffe...such a beautiful ship should not go to waste

10. SickBoy

SickBoy Guest

I've updated it to work with the new tiering system (though didn't go overboard with each tier's differences, so as to make it as 'vanilla' as possible to the original mod), but don't have permission to post it as per the mod licenses. I've sent the files to Squirrel so hopefully you guys will get the update soon.

Side note: it was a massive pain in the butt to update it. A *lot* has changed with ships and how they work since I last messed with modding them (which was even earlier than this mod came out initially). Was quite the re-learning experience.

The tiering system gives a ton of potential for different states of the ship though. Eventually I'd love to make each tier related to parts of the series... at a certain point being Out of Gas -style, etc. I have biiiig plans for my personal version of this, and perhaps Squirrel will be open to using the changes. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    zoltan01, TheUnartist and Antilles like this.
  11. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm glad someone is working on an update. I've been fiddling with it all day and getting little results.
    Got the ship appearing, now I just have to figure out how to populate it with stairs, storage, ai, etc. etc.
    My version doesn't even have a Captain's chair. Can hardly call that a ship :p

12. frankachino

frankachino Aquatic Astronaut

Does this ship effect the ship upgrade missions? If so, how?[DOUBLEPOST=1424535526][/DOUBLEPOST]Does this mod work with the newest game version?

13. frankachino

frankachino Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, I'll be watching this.... PLEASE UPDATE :)

14. Kaldgord

Kaldgord Void-Bound Voyager

Is this beautiful ship really not going to get an update ?

15. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i'm sure eventually it will. when the game is more stable / changing less often xD

16. s1lverw0lf

s1lverw0lf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please, please update mod to Giraffe.... or someone say how to

17. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ne-ne-ne-necro!

Serenity is just about working again! (Actually, it is working, I just gotta get the upload finished.)

That is all.

18. Vanzerfull

Vanzerfull Big Damn Hero

That's good news to hear!:nuruhype:

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Void-Bound Voyager

Good to hear! I saw 2014 as the last update and feared the worst. this and big box of loot (which is on steam now!) were two of my favourite mods.

20. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

Glad to hear it. ^_^