1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala

Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most likely when extracting you got an extra folder. Make sure the file structure goes: mods/Dead Squirrel's Firefly/Dead Squirrel's Firefly.modinfo

2. Mojodrago

Mojodrago Void-Bound Voyager

I'll welcome myself to the club, I did a vid too:

Dead Squirrel likes this.
  3. Dead Squirrel

Hey, thanks for the vid! It seems to be an old patch. Did you make this a little while ago?

4. Mojodrago

Mojodrago Void-Bound Voyager

Yea I was before the newer patches...

5. Gingold

Gingold Poptop Tamer

Ok, anyone else getting a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error?

As soon as the game loads your character, but before it loads the ship?

It says "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way."

Edit: Wait, nevermind... it was the gorram file structure again...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Dead Squirrel likes this.
  6. Gingold

Gingold Poptop Tamer

What Dead Squirrel said, it was a problem with the file structure

Make sure it's "mods/Dead Squirrel's Firefly/Dead Squirrel's Firefly.modinfo"

7. Dead Squirrel

Heh, cool, as long as it's working Gingold. Is anyone having trouble with the latest small patch? The devs said something about restructuring mods to work with paks again.

8. MTARMY

MTARMY Space Hobo

Is there a way I can use this mod with a custom race?

9. Dead Squirrel

Why there gorram is a way.

If you want to use the ship on an existing character, check out the readme.

Else ...
    Go into the mod's folder. Rename the folder 'ships/human/' to the custom race you're using. (If it were a reaver race, you'd rename it 'ships/reaver')
    Now create a new character of the custom race, and voila!

10. jackalclaw22

jackalclaw22 Space Hobo

I am having trouble, actually. I just set up your ship in the mods folder and triple checked that I had no extra folders, and it only gives me the Default human ship, even after i delete my character's .shipworld info. I tried another custom ship and that worked fine, but I really want to get this one working. Could you help me out?

11. CaptMyron

CaptMyron Void-Bound Voyager

so just to be sure - the ONLY way I can get the engine glow working is by starting a new ship? I've made a bit of progress using the ship I have now - decorations, etc. started spawning in the crew - is there any way to keep any of that in a new game?

12. degreeze

degreeze Void-Bound Voyager

I have an issue with latest engine glow update. It seems just not working for me. However, I think its because i'm using unstable branch of Starbound updates... Will test it on stable version later. With the exception of engine glow everything else works just fine! Thanks for your hard work on this great mod!

13. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Dead Squirrel, I'm back and this time I am going to be backing up every save I make on this. With access to some other really fun assets I hope to be pushing out versions of your wonderful vehicle a little more regularly

14. Standardname100

Standardname100 Space Hobo

how to put it into starbound plz? thanks

15. tidgem

tidgem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it compatable with most races? If not then please make it :D Me and my friend love this mod but we also love our races :p

16. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

At the bottom of the overview page, click on Readme and Installation (open). The directions to install and how to use with other races are there.

17. tidgem

tidgem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know how to do it, but i just prefer it when ship mods automatically work with other top end race mods.

Thank you for the response ^^ I appreciate it :D

18. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Soo go into the folder and set it to the race name that you want and set the starter treasure to your own race. Simple. Done.

19. LunaDeos

LunaDeos Void-Bound Voyager

This doesn't work with the Argonian race. Anyone got a fix?

20. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

well you could go the actual overview and read that but if you'd rather not here's what it says:
    =INSTALLATION=
    1) Unzip contents into Starbound/mods/
    2) Create a new Human character in Single-player (You can use the Character in Multiplayer once they're created).
    3) Fly like a leaf on the wind, you ghirdam Browncoat.

=NON-HUMAN RACES=
    The ship files work for other races too! Just rename the ships/human folder to the race of your choice.
    But! The Ship Chest will contain Human starter items. To fix:
    1) Inside the mod folder, open dropship.structure with a text editor.
    2) Search for the line:
    "treasurePools" : [ "humanStarterTreasure" ]
    3) Replace "humanStarterTreasure" with your race. ("avianStarterTreasure", "apexStarterTreasure", "floranStarterTreasure", "glitchStarterTreasure", "hylotlStarterTreasure")

=USING THE SHIP ON AN EXISTING CHARACTER=
    Ok! So ... to use an existing character on pc:
    1) We need to find the existing character's codename.
    • Load up the existing character in-game, then exit Starbound. (This way the existing character's files are the most recently saved)
    • Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The most recently edited one should represent your character.
    • You should see sets-of-3 files with the same name, but different type: xxx.metadata, xxx.player, xxx.shipworld. Where "xxx" is an identical string of numbers and letters.
    • Make a BACKUP of these files. If something goes wrong, you can always paste the old files back.
    2) From here we have two options:
    A ) Human character: You can delete the .shipworld (Or cut and paste it somewhere safe). Starbound will automatically make that character a new ship from the startership files. Remember to move all the loot on your old ship into your inventory or onto a planet first. You can always replace the old .shipworld if you want your old ship back. (You did remember a backup, right?)
    B ) Non-human character:
    • Make a new Human character. Load the dummy-human in-game.
    • Now go back to the main menu. Load your existing character. Exit Starbound.
    • Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The first 3-file-set is your existing character, the second set is the dummy-human with the ship you want.
    • Copy the first character's shipworld codename ("xxx.shipworld"), then delete the file. Now rename the dummy-human's shipworld with the codename you copied.
    • ... profit! (But not off other peoples misfortune. That's not civilized-like.)

kittentamer likes this.