1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Dead Squirrel's Firefly for Humans 1.01

"You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dead Squirrel submitted a new mod:

Dead Squirrel's Firefly for Humans - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

Read more about this mod...

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Beautiful ship! I was wondering of how it works on upgrades?

3. Psil-E

Psil-E Void-Bound Voyager

to me it seems it has no upgrades and just starts out as the full big ship? So kinda equivelent of tier 8?

Altho.. i seem to have 1 problem which is when starting a new character i cannot get to S.A.I.L since the mod starts you at the bottom floor of the ship.. and S.A.I.L is placed on the 4rd floor. Only in the beginning of the game you have no double-jump or building blocks so i am not sure how you can walk up to interact with S.A.I.L to trigger the first mission to start since it seems you cannot "Boot Up" S.A.I.L?

Or maybe i am just dumb and can't figure it out >.>? i admittedly didn't install the "Big Box of Loot" mod, but i thought that was an optional add on.. and not required?

~~
    Update: So i tried the Steam Workshop version and that worked perfectly... with the steps up to the 4th floor and S.A.I.L working properly... so i'm not so sure why the version here was problematic. Anyway! There seems to be an inconsistency between the two..

Also the Steam Workshop version has lighting working in the ship, the version i got here was much darker and not lit? So i dunno.

Anyway! Beautiful ship ^.^ i prefer doing mods non-Steam Workshop.. but for now i am using the Workshop version since it seems to be working better. At least for me.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Dead Squirrel likes this.
  4. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for letting me know, Psil-E, I'll look into it.

What he said ^^. The ship is as big as it gets at the start. Tier 1-3 involve lighting it up and turning on the teleporter and FTL drive. After that, the upgrades just give you the standard increase in ship crew size.

Corraidhín likes this.
  5. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Well I found a workaround for using this ship on an existing character: Empty all your stuff off the ship onto the orbited planet, then delete your shipworld save for that character.

One issue I've noticed with the mod though: Since you used a hand-drawn background for the entire ship with no background blocks, it's impossible to place background objects (paintings, wall switches, etc.) without first placing background blocks in that location. I don't know if there's any way to create background blocks that would retain the appearance of the ship, but it would be really awesome.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  6. Ignes_Vulpes

Ignes_Vulpes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how about a version for non-humans? Because i refuse to play as the bland, generic human, when there are 6 other species i can play as.

SolarPhoenix247 likes this.
  7. SolarPhoenix247

SolarPhoenix247 Aquatic Astronaut

PLEASE add a version for the novakid,that would be AWESOME

TheFloranChef likes this.