Dating Help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bitesizedboy, Feb 28, 2016.

1. bitesizedboy

bitesizedboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm completely lost, I want to be Sebastian's partner, but I don't know what to do. I heard that giving them a flower was the way to do it, but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Try raising his affection higher and I think it was supposed to be a bouquet, not just a flower. That might have changed, but I doubt the affection need has. He likes quartz, so give him those and try again later. I think it is 4 or 6 hearts and a bouquet to 'officially' be dating.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

How many hearts until you're allowed in anyone's bedroom?

• Kreog

Kreog Space Hobo

Sebastian LOVES sashimi, so it's super easy to raise his affection/friendship once you upgrade your house once and get a kitchen (or maybe you can borrow one at someone elses?), 1 raw fish = sashimi, and 2 gifts per week will raise it steadily (remember to give it to him on his birthday, it counts as 1 of the 2)

He also loves fire quartz and frozen tear from the mines.

If not he also accepts simple Quartz and salad (from inn), but they are not as good. (Best>Good>Bad) he hates flowers :p i don't think many of the boys like getting flowers as presents, maybe fabio beach man.

• oath2order

Well that's gonna make it easier to befriend him.

• Kreog

Kreog Space Hobo

2 hearts are needed to enter their room / home. Easy to get if you just gift them good things every now and then, basically i think everyone love ice cream that you can get during the summer.

• oath2order

Oh, excellent!

How many gifts until two hearts then?

• bitesizedboy

bitesizedboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Where would I find a bouquet?

• Kreog

Kreog Space Hobo

i don't know, i've just gifted randomly at start so i had 2 hearts pretty easily, also depends on the gift and if you do it on a birthday.

If you gift their favorite thing on their birthday, it's almost instant 2 hearts

• oath2order

I need to check birthdays then! Thanks!

• Stellar_Remnant

Stellar_Remnant Space Hobo

I'm also trying to woo Sebastian! He likes Amethyst as well :)

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

NPC gift likes are defined in Content\Data\NPCGiftTastes.xnb, extracted here: http://pastebin.com/W6Va4fQ9
                          Each NPC gets a line like so:

"Sebastian": " I really love this. How did you know?/84 227 236 575 305/Thanks, I like this./267 276/...?/-81 30 -80/...I hate this./-5 2 195 201 240 330 -26/...thanks./-4/ ",

The first sentence is what Sebastian says when you give him a gift he loves. The numbers afterward correspond to the item IDs defined in Content\Data\ObjectInformation.xnb, extracted here: http://pastebin.com/gG2AMXK0

In this case, GIFT SPOILERS
                          84 is Frozen Tear, 227 is Sashimi, 236 is Pumpkin Soup, 575 is Obsidian, and 305 is Void Egg.

The second sentence is what Sebastian says after you give him a gift he likes, the third for gifts he dislikes, and the fourth for gifts he hates. Note how there are some negative numbers on the list. These correspond to item categories. These are defined for each item in the section after item type:

"729": "Escargot/125/90/Cooking -7/Butter-soaked snails cooked to perfection./food/0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0/0",

Escargot here has type Cooking and item category -7. Sebastian dislikes category -81. Looking at the various objects listed as -81 in ObjectInformation, they include GIFT SPOILERS
                          Wild Horseradish, Daffodil, Leek, Dandelion, Cave Carrot, Sap, Morel, Chanterelle, Holly, Spring Onion, Common Mushroom, Wild Plum, Hazelnut, Winter Root, Snow Yam, Red Mushroom, and Purple Mushroom. In short, Foraged items.
                          Sebastian dislikes them all.

In addition, all NPCs share the section universal loves, universal likes, universal neutral, universal dislikes, and universal hates, again listed in NPCGiftTastes.xnb.

DatYandereGirl likes this.
                          • oath2order

Any luck finding things such as schedules as to where each villager goes throughout the day? I'd love to look into that.

• Kreog

Kreog Space Hobo

At Pierre's, bottom on the list of his inventory (what he sells..)

• Kreog

Kreog Space Hobo

hehe, i've been checking a wiki, still very undetailed but it's getting fleshed out quick! xD

Sebastian i believe tend to stay around the lake at the mine in the evenings, and in the town.
                                Can't remember seeing him much elsewhere.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

He goes to the Saloon on Friday nights.

• cantorsdust

Yup, defined in Content\Characters\schedules by character and maybe season? There are multiples of each kind and it's not entirely clear which is used by the game. Any favorites? Sebastian's schedule here: http://pastebin.com/iSVURKnQ

Schedule:

On the 11 (what season?) he is at his computer until 1200, then room till 1710, then house until 1800, then computer till 2130, then around his room again? Same for 15 (of what season?)
                                    When raining, at 1030 he goes to the beach, then back to his room at 1700. Rain2 schedule has him in his room till 1500, then saloon until 2110, then home.
                                    Fall has him in his room until 1400, then he's at the mountain, smoking at 1600. Goes to ScienceHouse at 1730?, then back to room, computer.
                                    Summer 4 has him go to Dr. Harvey at 0900.
                                    Saturdays he's at Sam's house
                                    Thursday's he's at the railroad smoking
                                    Fridays he's at the saloon in the afternoon.
                                    Spring he's in his room, computer until 1500, house until 1530, computer and room until 1830, then smoking at Mountain until 2130, then back to his room.

At least, that's what I think. Not entirely clear about how times are defined in the file or which conditions take priority over others.

• oath2order

awesome.

Maybe there's multiples such as "regular", "married" and then depending on the season

• cantorsdust

The last line in the schedule file says the "default" schedule is the same as the spring one at the bottom, so that's probably it. Still, a surprisingly deep scheduling system, probably the best I've seen in nearly any game.

• Fidirn

Fidirn Space Hobo

I looked there but he don't sells any bouquet.