Modding Discussion Database of common mod errors?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by raccoongarbage, May 27, 2016.

1. raccoongarbage

raccoongarbage Big Damn Hero

Is there a database where we can possibly look for common mod errors we can look at and utilize to fix problems?

For example, I had a problem about an hour ago that required an update to a mod's "ai.config.patch" file because it was missing a "portraitFrames" line to it. Someone discovered the discrepancy and pointed it out to the AVIANS mod writer, and now it's been fixed!

I'm encountering a new problem now where a mod I have is missing a key in it's "Maps::get()" listing or something so what I'm doing right now is indexing every file in the game's assets (after I had unpacked them) and am now waiting for Windows to finish indexing every files' properties and contents so I can find out which file has that line "Maps::get()" and then compare that to the file that the mod has and update it.

There needs to be a database of some sort of all the keys and lines so we can just search for a particular one and discover what file houses that particular parameter. Is there one?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Errors are not always specific some times it is overly general. Only those who are familiar with the files of that mod will have a clue of what could be the issue.

Generally speaking it is best always to notify the mod author of the problem when you face it, so he or she can correct it.

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

This is something I have been playing with for a while. I am actually working on a explain this error for my sblaud.net website. I'm either going to use some small AI for identification or use some client side cleaning to force the user to
    1. Be capable of identifying errors in a log
    2. Hope they can read errors as many of them literally give out the error in plain text in the error message.
    3. Teach them manual trouble shooting which is often faster