Dash/Sprint/Doubledash Keybind

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Phaetum, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Have you ever wished there was a better way to dash?

1. Yeah, sure.

80.0%
  2. I haven't thought about it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No silly, the game is perfect.

20.0%
  1. Phaetum

Phaetum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello there! I love this game, I've played hundreds of hours, and I played through much of the beta. I remember once upon a time we had the option to keybind dashing. They way I game often results in me accidentally dashing which leads to a whole lot of problems. It's caused me to die often falling in holes, to take way longer constructing a place then necessary because trying to sidle up to a point leads to me just dashing away instead.

I know it's a habit thing, but I doubt I'm the only one who finds this annoying and would like to form a better habit that doesn't make them fall into death holes. We like to feel like we have control over our characters and that they are not spasmodic :)

Thanks a lot for reading this and I hope you consider doing this simple addition which you once upon a time had in your game.

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Ive never personally had a problem with this, but yeah, that sounds fine. If you ever need to move more slowly or precisely though, holding shift while moving makes you walk instead of run.

3. Phaetum

Phaetum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not really the precision that's the problem. Maybe I just spam too much, but all my friends who I've shown the game have also commented on the crazy dashing, it's just something most people get used to even though it's rather inconvenient.

Really the main reason I want it fixed is because my hands are very weak, when I want to dash across a planet surface I start to notice the repetitive action makes a stiffness in my fingers, which is hard to avoid while jumping and air dashing, and it makes my hand hurt. I feel like I can't play the game sometimes, or like I need to just sit around and be boring instead of going out and questing and adventuring.