WIP darkrown's Portraits Revamped [Abigail available]

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by darkrown, Mar 6, 2016.

?

Which bachelor/bachelorette should I do next?

1. Haley

53 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Leah

23 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Maru

23 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Penny

26 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Alex

136 vote(s)
    31.1%
  6. Sebastian

56 vote(s)
    12.8%
  7. Harvey

25 vote(s)
    5.7%
  8. Elliott

41 vote(s)
    9.4%
  9. Sam

54 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. Aofcute

Aofcute Void-Bound Voyager

very well! this's interesting

• darkrown

darkrown Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thanks everyone for the comments! updated with the much requested sebastian and also maru because she has more sprites and I wanted to get it out of the way, haha

• dimasep0

dimasep0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

daaamnn Sebastian looks cute! :geek:
        And Maru, I'll go straight for Maru if I can!:lickitung:

Compliment aside, could you put the portrait charts? The in-game screenshots look gorgeous but I like to see all the expressions first (and how's Maru in nurse uniform...)

• darkrown

good idea :D I've replaced the screenshots with the spritesheets since they're much more informative

• dimasep0

Glad that I can help in a way

BTW, some of the expressions are pretty similar to each other. I have to open other spritesheets first and compare it to each other before I notice the difference (eg. the blushing one on Abigail). But I like those slight differences, makes me want to learn how to read faces properly. Keep up!

• Om_Duel

Om_Duel Tentacle Wrangler

You're pretty good.
              Keep going, bro.

• darkrown

yeah, I agree that some of them are a bit repetitive and I'm reediting some of the sprites rn. although the blushing vanilla ones are just slightly edited existing expressions as well xD

thanks! that's what I'm planning on :D in fact, I just added harvey (another dude with lotso sprites ;_; )

Acrimonia likes this.
                • dimasep0

Gotta say that I'm quite surprised (well, not really) with your approach of Harvey. The most common one I see is young looking and clean shaven. I like that you stick with the original design, but how about doing a clean shaven one too? But, don't sweat it. It's just personal preference.

On the other hand, Harvey's portraits looks dfferent from each other (yay!)

• Momo-ish

Momo-ish Tentacle Wrangler

Woa! I totally love your harvey choice! Well done. :D

Salamander Sundaes and Acrimonia like this.
                    • Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

I, for one, am on the Harvey hype zeppelin.
                      Without waxing too poetic, maybe it's the fact he looks like he could moonlight in occult investigation and not be out of place is -
                      Yes. Very good. Very good, indeed.

Salamander Sundaes likes this.
                      • pikkachao

pikkachao Space Hobo

OMFG, i love your interpretation of harvey, you're so talented ;_; ! the beard turned out really nice too!

• Launcelot

Launcelot Intergalactic Tourist

awesome !!!

• darkrown

well, he's supposed to be the oldest bachelor, so i wanted his sprite to reflect that. also, when I'm done with all the npcs, I'll probably do a couple alternate versions. although I much prefer bearded harvey, a shaven version isn't off the table :D

and thanks everyone for the comments! here's haley since she was the highest in votes

Salamander Sundaes and Acrimonia like this.
                            • dimasep0

And here I am once again. Gotta say, I'm quite a frequent visitor :rofl:

Love Haley! Especially the dirty looks. The messy hair looks good and fits well. Gotta say the one with the big eyes (near the dirty one) seems a little bit off to me. Oh well, probably just me.

And I think with Haley out, all the Bachelorettes are done! 3 Bachelors to go, good luck!

• Om_Duel

Om_Duel Tentacle Wrangler

Abigail and Haley are gorgeous, I want both of them. :rofl:

• Thelastdark

Thelastdark Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing Portraits! My new personal favorites! I have only one suggestion if you could look at changing Penny’s Portrait a bit closer to your concept art with her face a tiny bit more in focus. Loose hair wood be amazing tho :D Thanks for the hard work!

• hxlici0us

hxlici0us Tentacle Wrangler

this is awesome <3 thanks man! keep going! c:

• Lithophene

Lithophene Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I can't wait to see how Alex comes out in your style! That husbandu needs some attention.

• idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

Oops, I voted Harvey while my phone was still loading -- please take that vote as enthusiastic approval of his design! He looks fantastic. Man, so many great portrait mods to choose from... once this is finished I may be unable to resist. Gorgeous.

• darkrown

thanks for the love, everyone! I'm really glad people are enjoying these. doing elliott right now and I'll probably retouch penny & abigail a bit for better framing