Darkbound: Legacy of the Lucent Update Part 2!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Ghostar, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

They Phase in and out, so it makes them difficult to attack.

2. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

you will get to server the darkbound queen... nice

3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

-puts on black dress- So start serving... <o>,..,<o>

4. Omatsu

Omatsu Big Damn Hero

Will we be able to go to the same Darkbound planet twice or more?

5. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Well probably not the SAME planet. The Darkbound don't make planets last long and tend to spread from planet to planet like a plague across the universe.

6. Omatsu

Omatsu Big Damn Hero

Like the Corruption in Terraria? It spreads constantly?

And the planet that is 100% "darkbounded" will be destroyed?

7. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

if its like a plague would it slowly eat away at the planet? that would be pretty cool

8. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

If you read the opening post, it mentions what happens to planets once they are drained of everything, it becomes a vessel for their new home! However there IS a slight problem with the Darkbound in that they can pop up on planets that have suns, but only VERY rarely because they would have to hide in their asteroid, hit the planet, and live inside of the planet staying away from the sun. But that also means they can easily be led out into the light.

9. Omatsu

Omatsu Big Damn Hero

Would be cool if the Darkbound hid in the planet's core and when it was night, it affected the life forms from it xd

10. Unconscious Architect

Unconscious Architect Big Damn Hero

Perhaps a potential questline could be saving an infected planet from totally succumbing by going into it and finding and killing the Darkbound before they can take it over. I hope Starbound has a lot of adventurous bounty hunter type missions.

11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Thats the idea!

12. Omatsu

Omatsu Big Damn Hero

Sweet! Try editing the 1st post later and tell us some additional info you think would be good ;)

13. Unconscious Architect

So do you have this all planned out already or are you still creating ideas?

14. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I like my ideas like I like my coffee, Half and Half! Half is already planned, and half we are still working on. (such as items)

15. That's it! You've inspired me to release my race for Starbound this week!
    Oh, and by the the way, I'LL SERVE THE QUEEN OVER MY DEAD BODY...

16. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Not dead... That would be such a waste of interesting information... The Queen hungers for knowledge... We promise your brain will be left intact, though you won't be conscious to care about it anyways...

Kelp and Ghostar like this.
  17. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

fantastic ideas ghostar :up:

also the sprite work is well done seria :coffee:

id love to see some "darkbound infected" monsters as well

reading over this and checking out the sprites, it kinda reminds me of dead space and the necromorph monsters: they both look creepy @_@
    but i would want to explore a darkbound world and fight it's inhabitants and just try to survive for as long as i could, this should be what high level planets are like in terms of creatures and such

18. I don't think you understand. I will set my guy on fire. And there will be nothing but ashes.
    And if that dosn't work...
    There's always Halo.

Kingofstarryskies and Casimir like this.
  19. Unconscious Architect

Would infected monsters be "bound" to the dark as well?

20. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

This idea is very interesting. It would be a cool feature to the game. (As long as it wasn't too common to find these planets)