1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

/Dance

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Serenity, May 16, 2013.

?

Want fun commands

1. Yes

83.6%
  2. No

6.1%
  3. Don't care

10.3%
  1. Kage Tempest

Kage Tempest Pangalactic Porcupine

The creators of Harlem shake have been sueing and calling copy right infringement on lots of people that used that meme :(

On topic though, I think this would create a lot of unnecessary work to implement depending on how the armor is implemented.

Think of it this way, in /dance commands in lets say World of Warcraft, the entire body moves and whatnot, but the creators of the game have already accounted for the fact that there are emotes and the armor and clothing will have to move or stretch depending on the emote.

In Starbound we have been told nothing of any emotes. Assuming they have designed the game without emotes in mind, this would mean they would literally have to create animations of dance moves that modify the pixels of any armor or clothing the characters wear.

2. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

Girl look at that body!
    YEAH, fun commands would be great.

3. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

yup
    Thanks for the info still no prof to verify or deny it.

4. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

thanks for your opinion

5. Brother Lame

Brother Lame Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd really love it if these kinds of commands were in the game, but I appreciate that it would be something that would presumably require a lot of extra work done in terms of art assets.

6. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

In theory, dancing would use recycled animations and be a good way to role-play and immerse yourself in a social setting.

Starbound is all about social immersion.

7. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like your style.

8. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

I would like some form of emotes, so yeah, I would want a thing like this.

I don't need tons, but it would be nice to at the very least have the basics. Waving, happying, sadding, madding, dancing.

you know, the basic 5 human emotions we all share. I'm feeling dancing right now even

Serenity likes this.
  9. Brekke K'ktus

Brekke K'ktus Void-Bound Voyager

These are already in the game (except the dancing), though my Novakid character "doesn't do emotions", that is only thing observable is a tear that appears when I do a sad emotion... Anyways, I landed here since I noticed my crew dancing around Club Decks I've put on my ship and was searching around to see if it's possible for me to dance too, since the animation is already in the game... I haven't found the command yet, though. :(

Ygrek likes this.
  10. Joe Dolca

Joe Dolca Big Damn Hero

Only if it makes every avian do the chicken dance.

11. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Didn't there used to be buttons for crying/laughing and stuff?

12. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know NPC's/tenants will sometimes "Dance" smiling and cycling through personality stances. It'd be neat if we could assign keys to do that or interact with specific objects like vending machines and campfires as I've seen them do.

Ygrek likes this.
  13. Brother Lame

Brother Lame Pangalactic Porcupine

I thought the arrow keys did that, or am I misunderstanding?

14. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

It shouldn't be too hard. Technically NPCs already dance when near another NPC or player is playing a piano, even though they're just cycling through all the different idle stances.

In my case they like to shout and "put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't careā„¢" while I'm sleeping in my bedroom in my ship next to the radio...even though it's OFF. :urgh:

Yubs likes this.
  15. Yubs

Yubs Big Damn Hero

Get a jukebox and turn it on. NPCs actually dance when near it

They just change "personality" standing type really quickly, and raise their arms up and down!

It is iffy, but it is a type of dancing! The resources are there, all we just need are a button to change our "stance" type after spawning.

Ygrek likes this.
  16. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

There are a number of emotes that are exclusive to NPCs (the happy hop, frightened arm waving, etc) that I wish we had access to.

Ygrek likes this.
  17. [curly] servo

[curly] servo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they do, but there used to be like, three sets of emotes tied to the arrow keys and now it's just one? so we lost that with 1.0 too.

18. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

They're still there. I remap then to the number pad. Easier than memorizing Shift+Up=whatever, especially when ctrl also controls the camera.

19. ninjarat007

ninjarat007 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm actually surprised they don't have those animations/emotes available to the player, as I've seen NPC's dance near my Jukebox, and there are tons of other npc animations that I wish were usable.

20. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

YES YES YES PLEASE

I'm the only one on my ship who can't dance in the party room I built for people to dance in.

I look like a nerd. ]:

Ygrek likes this.