1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion CytoWrapper - Beta Public Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by IcyPhoenix, Feb 12, 2014.

1. IcyPhoenix

IcyPhoenix Subatomic Cosmonaut

Make sure to set the port in the starbound config same as the port in the cytowrapper config (default is 21024)

2. XerX

XerX Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting the exact same thing and my gameport is 21024. I'm not sure why it won't work.

3. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

Any news on a future release ?

4. friskydeath

friskydeath Subatomic Cosmonaut

My biggest question is if he is borrowing code and copying others style is he giving credit and making sure its open source. Hate people who steal others code and take credit. And from the looks of it he is probably going to make this pay to use in the future since he is hiding key parts of the code. Multiplay made a mistake and is stuck with starybound event tho no one likes it. Hope this guy not planning to sell it to hosting companies and mess up the modding community after it gets a few mods for it. Never trust a person when they hide stuff and flame any who question them. Thats internet 101 rite there that something is not rite.

Underbalanced likes this.
  5. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Its not even that great of a wrapper. I just said f it and went vanilla then use ip access list on my router for bans. A batch script to check to see if the server is up and if the server is responsive.

6. emeraldmoonx

emeraldmoonx Void-Bound Voyager

It's not working, I've changed the ip of for starbound to the same as cytowrapper. Then I run my server from cytowrapper.serverconsole.

7. IcyPhoenix

Commands don't differ much between games, ie/ minecraft, terraria - they all have similar if not exactly the same commands in their plugin systems or base. We haven't stolen any code, we have just taken the user input style for some command switches. I will never make this a pay to use for individuals. Hosting companies are technically not allowed to use this because of the licensing attached to this plugin, as they are using it for profit.

This project will never go open sourced - as long as I'm hosting my own Starbound Server, so asking me in a-round-about-way will not achieve anything.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  8. IcyPhoenix

Under the file, starbound.config if your root starbound directory set "gamePort": 21024,
    Then make sure the cytowrapper.config under /cytowrapper/cytowrapper.config the "serverPort": 21024,

Your actual port you will be connecting on is the port defined under "proxyPort": 21025,
    That is also in the cytowrapper.config
    "ProxyAddress": "0.0.0.0" should be left alone unless you have multiple IPs that you are binding multiple starbound servers on.

9. IcyPhoenix

Sorry we are currently being contracted to write a plugin for a server, that is taking up our time.

10. Mortalsinn

Mortalsinn Zero Gravity Genie

any chance getting an update for 643?

11. IcyPhoenix

Apologies, we have stopped developing/hosting Starbound, its not viable for hosting at its current state.
    -Icy

Archer likes this.
  12. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any chance with Please Giraffe out now that you will return to updating Cyto?