1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion CytoWrapper - Beta Public Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by IcyPhoenix, Feb 12, 2014.

1. IcyPhoenix

IcyPhoenix Subatomic Cosmonaut

We'll add a config option for the shipaccess, and store the current shipaccess type (thou the second part should already be happening - we'll look into this)
    Registration is to setup admins/mods on your server. Also for banning users/logging ip etc...

2. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

But the meaning of such a complex system? You can just do a /ban <name> , administration to enter without registration

3. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

By the way the team /broadcast continues to do strange things

4. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

Well there are several multi game rcon clients that would prob like to add new games. If you have a android phone just write rcon in google play.

5. IcyPhoenix

It will be in the back list of our todo list, once the general server commands are implemented, and documentation is done.

6. IcyPhoenix

Release

0.5.6 Public Beta
    • Blocked NPCs from being spawned on spawn planet, due to griefing issue - adheres to sb.world.build permission override
    • Displays more detailed information regarding not being able to find starbound_server.exe
    • Fixed another potential crash issue with connections
    • Fixed a permission issue with users not login in, and querying their permission cache.

7. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

Seem to run so far, i will say it work when i get no crash or atleast auto-restart on it :p

otherwise, translation is planned ? Or the possibility for server owner to translate ?

Cheers.

8. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

Answer to my message above, please

9. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

So, i notice that a first connection people connect really well, but then if they disconect and reconnect a while ago, they will have a lot of trouble connecting.

Edit: Even when people did not connect before now.

getting various connexions errors.

Edit2: too much trouble, i'm going back to vanilla waiting fixes.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  10. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

yea i tried it out too, It crashes just like Starrybound crashes when Starbound Server crashes out. Also is more complicated and no documentation. Waiting is best! Vanillia I went too.

11. IcyPhoenix

Hi Guys,

We can't replicate this issue, could you please copy paste your previous log (/starbound/cytowrapper/log/) onto pastebin and your config there too (remember to remove your password)

www.pastebin.com

-Icy

12. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

i am not having these issues from what i can tell running 0.5.6

13. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

icy what is planets.cfg for?

14. IcyPhoenix

planet claiming coming soon tm.

15. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

Broadcast when mended? Still it would be cool if you have the opportunity to cancel automatic private ship!

16. Djet

Djet Sandwich Man

server crashes
    [​IMG]

17. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

feature request for IRC integration, because i am a fanboy of this project.

EDIT: also request to make a config value to set ship access to public by default

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  18. IcyPhoenix

Thats a starbound issue, not a wrapper issue (verify your starbound through steam)

IRC we'll add it to the development list, but for a plugin rather then a feature in the wrapper, and the config option is being added.

19. Hant

Hant Yeah, You!

Hello,
    i use your Server Software and i like it!
    But one Question: Can you add that you can change the Monster Spawnrate on a Planet. Or That you can change all Monster on friendly?
    we want a Planet only for building and we have some Player they older then 60+. They don't like monster :D

Thanks a lot!

20. IcyPhoenix

We can stop spawns completely, but can't increase them - we'll add that into the next patch, ETA on next patch will be next week saturday (due to mid terms this week).