1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Bug/Issue Cutscene editor sound pile-up bug?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hatkat, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Hatkat

Hatkat Aquatic Astronaut

Hi!

I've started working on a custom campaign, and I've encountered a strange bug when making a somewhat elaborate cutscene.

During the cutscene, I switch music two times. At start (set by Scene Settings), it plays 'Encounter Results', after first switch 'Revelry' and after the second 'Sedge's Theme'.

After the second switch, whenever I add a new Event, or modify it, the game plays (and fades out within a second) all previous tracks used, giving me a very, VERY loud pile-up of notes playing, before only Sedge's theme continues to play. I can turn off sound when editing, of course, nonetheless its very annoying.

Is this a game bug or did I break the cutscene editor in some way? Or is Sedge's theme cursed?

EDIT: I just did some experimenting and added more music tracks to be switched - it only exaggerated the problem. I also went other way around and removed 'switch to Sedge's theme' event, remaining at only one music switch, and the bug disappeared altogether.

EDIT2: I've tested the cutscene (via Playback) with those extra tracks added, and during the cutscene itself, there's no pile-ups or overlapping music, meaning this must be a bug in the editor only I guess?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya, thank you so much for such a detailed report!
      What platform are you playing on, although I think this might occur across all platforms it will help me try and reproduce it on my end :)

• Hatkat

Hatkat Aquatic Astronaut

Playing it on PC, using Steam version, no mods installed.

Did some more testing over the days, and found out that sound overlap also happens when you try to move events around (by dragging with mouse). Also tried to use 'Switch Theme: None' as the 2nd, but that only resulted in previous two tracks starting to overlap anyway.

EDIT: I could procure a screenshot of the Event list for the Cutscene with explanations if you want?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
        • Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

It's okay, I can reproduce it and wow that is really annoying!

• Hatkat

Hatkat Aquatic Astronaut

Yay for bug-finding!

I just hope it can be easily eliminated! :)