1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Customization Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ozaku, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozaku

Ozaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just noticed that there isn't a thread about customization in general (Or I missed it, in which case I will close this thread and hang my head in shame). Just how far will it go, and in what areas of the game?

2. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to be able to wear a Top Hat on top of my Space Suit Helmet. If I'm able to do that, this game will be perfect.

3. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

There are 24,000 versions of the rocket launcher alone.... I think the customization in this game will be nice. xD

4. Zeldo

Zeldo Big Damn Hero

Seeing what will be in the game in terms of customization so far... I'm going to be playing this game for a long time. I have a weird thought process where I have to collect everything in any game I play.

Tell my family I love them.

5. Ozaku

But beyond the weapon and item variation, what else do you think will be customizable? The weapon name, decals, design, parts of the weapon, damage range (maybe upgraded through parts found on planets). These are just for guns, mind you.

6. Evil_Clown712

Evil_Clown712 Aquatic Astronaut

Would be cool if we could modify the weapon's appearance after we have found it, and possibly the weapon stats, too. It would cost a lot of money, and instead of the value of the gun going up it would go down. There would be some way to find out if it was created that way naturally or modified in some way (whether it be the appearance or the stats). If its natural then it gets a boost in stats or value.
    That would be pretty neat.

Ozaku likes this.
  7. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

I want armour to be customizable too.

8. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

What I want to know is what the different types of customisation ARE ^^

We already know that there are going to be so many different types of visual style but what about the combat effects? Are we looking at the same Terraria style of effects with speed increases/damage increases etc etc or what.

9. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I think its safe to say that the number of customizations...
    [​IMG]
    sorry, i just really wanted too...

xSpartanLazerx likes this.
  10. Ozaku

Is anyone else having a problem viewing that image?

11. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

There are oodles of customizations.
    They confirmed a character creator as well.

Just image all the procedurally generated individualism!
    exciting ^_^

12. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Customize EVERYTHNIG!!! Some exerpts from stuff said Weapons, Mechs, Ships, Armor can be painted and decaled.

13. Rake the Vulpix

Rake the Vulpix Big Damn Hero

I want to be able to completely customize my character. Exactly like my avatar if possible.

14. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

It's just looks like a "?" to me.

15. Ozaku

Yeah, now I'm curious as to what he linked. :wut:

16. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

How about now?

17. Rake the Vulpix

Rake the Vulpix Big Damn Hero

As for weapon customization, that would be very welcome. You could have old-timey stuff, or incredibly futureistic.

18. Ozaku

Hahaha, that's great. Curious as to why Vegeta isn't saying it though.

19. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, God!

[​IMG]

I will not survive.

20. EWA

EWA Twenty-three is number one

I hope that almost everything will be customizable like your clothes, spaceship, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.