Modding Discussion Custom Starbound Title Background

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by captainrumbarrels, May 29, 2018.

1. captainrumbarrels

captainrumbarrels Phantasmal Quasar

As is in the title.

can anyone navigate me to the necessary file to change the title menu background images? I have a feeling they're animated with other assets from the game which is fine. I just need to know the directory. I only want specific planet types to appear in the title or I can make my own background image.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I never found anything in packed.pak to account for actually rendering this. I believe they're generated and animated on the spot from the C++ side.

But I do suspect it reads from celestial.config. For example if it picks a volcanic planet, then it might want this info
    Code:
    "volcanic" : {
          "baseImages" : "/celestial/system/terrestrial/horizon/textures/volcanic_<selector>.png",
          "maskTextures" : "/celestial/system/terrestrial/horizon/masks/temperate/<mask>_<selector>.png",
          "maskRange" : [1, 25],
          "maskPerPlanetRange" : [3, 3]
        },
    I think that code should answer the question of where the images are stored.

And sometimes it generates satellites to render which do seem to be affected by "satelliteOrbitalLevels", "satelliteProbability", and "maxSatelliteCount" if you modify those. Now I don't know for a fact that has a real effect, but it does seem like it to me.

captainrumbarrels likes this.
  3. captainrumbarrels

captainrumbarrels Phantasmal Quasar

once again bk3k, you have been most helpful (^^,) I thank you for your assistance