Answered Custom Signs not Merging & Playing All at Once

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Jerln, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I'm trying to make a fuel indicator for a fuel tank I made, where a different sign activates depending on how much fuel there is. I just have four liquid sensors at different heights inside the tank, with each connected to a different sign (the bottom sensor is connected to the "Pump Online" sign).

I'm having a problem though, the 3 custom signs aren't merging together, and when the liquid is at the level of one sensor, it also activates the sign for all sensors below it:

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 6.41.14 PM.png
    (I would like only the Pump Online and "FULL" signs to be activated in this situation, because the tank is full.)

Does anybody know how to fix those two problems?

Thanks.

2. killfalcon

killfalcon Poptop Tamer

I'd personally "solve" the merging problem my placing them further apart. I don't think there's an option to hide the frames.

The second problem needs XOR gates.
    The "full" light is easy, just wire that direct to the sensor.
    2/3rds, wire the top two sensors to a XOR (eXclusive-OR) gate and then that to the light. This means it will only be on if the second sensor OR the top sensor is on, but not if both sensors are active. Since the top sensor can't be active on it's own (unless gravity goes nuts), this light will switch on when the tank is 2/3rds full and off when it's full.

The 1/3rd light can be done the same way, just using the bottom two sensors. As before, it'll only turn on if one-and-only-one of those sensors is active, which can only happen when the tank is 1/3rd to 2/3rds full.

Jerln likes this.
  3. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Used to be that signs merged togheter and got a frame around the whole thing instead. Not sure why they would remove that or if the OP is just experiencing a bug.

4. killfalcon

killfalcon Poptop Tamer

Poking around a bit myself, it looks like Wired ones (as in, you ticked the box in the shop to have it wire-controlled) don't merge. Regular ones still do.

Jerln and Garatgh Deloi like this.
  5. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Thank you so much, I've been racking my brain for hours on this!

killfalcon likes this.