Custom ships and shipworld files for all patch versions

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by AnotherOldGamer, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnotherOldGamer

AnotherOldGamer Poptop Tamer

I've been messing around with the ship templates and shipworld files and in this 3 part video series, I show everything I did and the results at the end. It isn't just a tutorial as such but an investigation into what is possible.
    The content has been covered elsewhere but the videos may help newcomers (like myself!) to understand things a little better.

Here is part 1 (all 3 are available on my channel):

2. Syphist

Syphist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well this is really helpful, now the people dedicated to building ships can make their ships indestructible so griefers can't just destroy everything.

3. AnotherOldGamer

I don't believe you can add unbreakable blocks other than the invisible bounding blocks, guess I will try and see what happens

4. Syphist

Syphist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, you can't, that's too bad.

5. UnsoundM

UnsoundM Subatomic Cosmonaut

So if we replace the shipship file with an image of our own design, can we aesthetically change the look of the ship?

I'm a sprite artist who recently made my own ship mockup and it'd be fun to worm it into the game's files just to be able to walk around in it.

EDIT: It roughly works, but the default assets like the engine animations are still there- but yeah it kinda works

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Crono099 likes this.
  6. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You'd have to edit the dropshipblocks.png and create a new ship if you want no engines or other assets. I don't think you easily can edit the actual ship once the character has been created.

7. Haku

Haku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can you just provide us a breakable ship file that we can work off of with regular blocks?

8. AnotherOldGamer

Yes, others have asked also. I'll sort this out in next few hours or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.