Modding Help Custom race issue

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by LexyV, Jul 3, 2018.

1. LexyV

LexyV Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there chuckle forums

I have a little question if anyone has the time to help out. I'm using DrPvtSkittles' (https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/skittles-template-race-mod.956/) starbound custom race mod template to create a new race I imagined would be fun playing.

However I've come across an issue being that the race I'm trying to create only should have 1 gender. I was able to just adjust the gender icons & overall look of the sprites, sfx etc. to have them appear as being the same, however when testing I saw that when the one of the (supposed) genders wears clothes they adjust to how it would appear on that gender (male vs female), meaning theres still a difference between them in looks when wearing clothes... Could you help me find a fix for this please? It doesn't have to be a whole project with a bunch of code (if people would even be willing to) but if anyone knows of some sort of a work-around?

(>summarised) All I'd like is to have all clothes/armour appear the same for both genders when wearing them.

I don't know any coding, but have worked with mods before so I have a general understanding of some modding elements, and I just like to get creative with pixel art.

Thanks
    Lexy.

2. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

There isn't much you could do apart from changing your own race's clothes to be exactly the same no matter who wears it, although that might look a little silly on anyone that isn't of your race. Starbound's race code is pretty hardwired when it comes to your race's sexes.

3. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Have you tried not adding the coding for the second gender under the species file? I dont know if that will cause it to crash, but you can try it out.

4. LexyV

LexyV Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah that's what I thought sadly, it'd be a lot of work to change every armour- & clothing piece, plus it'd make them look off on different races etc. as you said yeah. thanks for the reply.

5. LexyV

LexyV Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't yet, I'll give that a go but doubt it'll work to be honest, thanks for the reply.