Modding Help Custom NPC not following schedule

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stardewbalverines, Sep 17, 2018.

1. stardewbalverines

stardewbalverines Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm making a custom NPC that lives in the Adventurers Guild. So far everything seems to be working, but he can't seem to leave the mountain area.
    Like, if his schedule says to go outside the Guild or over to the quarry, he follows that just fine and has no problems.

But say if I tell him to go to Pierre's store or the saloon, he gets stuck and refuses to go there.

Any ideas of why this is happening? I attached his schedule file for anyone to look at and see if I'm doing something wrong.

Attached Files:

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

It could be that part of the map doesn't allow for that sort of path finding. The same thing happened to me when I tried to place my NPC house in the area with the spring onions on the forest map, so I had to move the shop closer to Marnie's ranch and Leah's house to get the schedule to work. Not sure if this is the same sort of problem, but it does sound similar. I would recommend seeing if placing him in Robin's house makes a difference, that way you can determine if it's a problem with the map path finding, or a problem with the custom NPC path finding in general

• stardewbalverines

I didn't even think of that but it does make sense, seeing as Marlon never actually leaves the guild.
        I'll try that and let you know what happens!!

• stardewbalverines

Okay, you're definitely right, there is no pathing around the guild :/
          I gotta see if I can tweak pathing or if I'll just have to move him somewhere else lol

HopeWasHere likes this.