Modding Help Custom NPC Not Appearing?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by kukido, May 1, 2020.

1. kukido

kukido Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I saw an old post about this, so my apologies if that's annoying. But that particular post didn't provide any answers and, again, was old.

I am in the process of creating a custom npc using bits and pieces from different tutorials (boy, this is hard work!). I've done all the sprite work and dialogue, and have ensured that all the files are in their proper place. However, I'm having trouble with creating a schedule. I've made sure my npc is being told to go to coordinates/locations where he can in fact go, but no matter what I do, he does not show up in my game. He doesn't even appear on the npc relationship list.

Do I need to somehow designate a default starting location for him? Or do I need to spawn him in somehow? Just for reference, I'm adding him using Content Patcher.

Thank you in advance!

• kukido

kukido Void-Bound Voyager

Figured it out -- When I first started working on my npc, I left the default location coordinates in the npc disposition section blank with the intention of filling it out later, only to completely forget that was a parameter to begin with. Whoops!