Modding Help Custom NPC Marriage Dialogue

Discussion in 'Mods' started by trickstre, Jun 21, 2020.

1. trickstre

trickstre Void-Bound Voyager

I'm making a custom npc and want to know how the marriage dialogue is supposed to work. When I look at a format for a marriage dialogue, the lines are so limited. For example, for rainy days you can only make up about 4 dialogue lines. However, when I marry a custom npc, they seem to have a wide range of dialogue. Sometimes I can't find dialogues they say in game, in their marriage dialogue file.

Also, there are a lot of "missing dialogues" where when I try to interact to my custom npc spouse, you can see the white, "interact" bubble pop up but they won't say anything even though every line in their marriage dialogue is filled.

Lastly, I also would love to know how to change how often they go to the patio, or the room outside (the one behind the farmhouse)

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Pangalactic Porcupine

There are a lot of dialogue lines available for spouse dialogues, I personally use Miss Coriel's Npc Creator to find all available dialogue lines (I don't use the program to create the npc, I just use it to find dialogue lines).
      If the game shows you that you can interact with an npc but no dialog appears, it may be because there is a problem in the code of the Dialogue.json or MarriageDialogue.json files.
      And regarding the frequency that a spouse visits the patio, I think you can edit its spouse schedule file to change that.