RELEASED Custom Lemon's characters as Npcs (No API required)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by keyten, Mar 16, 2016.

1. keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Here goes something.
    Example.png
    This mod adds two custom npcs into the wizard tower: Gandalf and Rincewind. They have custom portraits and sprites made by LemonEX. Also custom dialogues. No schedules (yet). This is a small mod but a great example about how to make a custom npc.
    Installation:
    1) Copy content of the archive into the game folder.
    2) You need to add code of Npcs into your save file. Be sure to backup it first. Read readme for instructions.

Attached Files:

• Npcs.zip
        File size:
        16.9 KB
        Views:
    • LiterallyNatalie

LiterallyNatalie Master Chief

Impressive! I can't wait for more modders to add mods like this.

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

WOW

YES

I CANNOT WAIT

• Kaireo

Kaireo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Woootwooo

• radynaraya

radynaraya Subatomic Cosmonaut

Gotta support this. I should try my own. :D

• MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

Toot Toot

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you very much for this. I'm using your method to make my own NPC right now, but I noticed some problems.
                First, I don't know how to control the portraits. What command defines if my character is smiling or not?
                Also, I'd like to make it possible to gift him stuff, but I don't know how. His name doesn't show up in the relations tab, it only says "???" and the option to gift him items is deactivated.

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

I can answer the first question; in the dialogue file, you can make these adjustments for changing what portrait is displayed, though you'll also have to probably look at the portrait .png images as well, since it's numbered.
                  This information is directly from this guide

"String Modifiers:

Dialouge_Notes/Documentation Extended Edited on 3/3/16 12:35 A.M. Tested with Penny's Dialogue.

#$e# //end a section of dialogue, and allows a section to follow it. If no #$e# is stated after a string of dialogue, the character will not say anything else that day.

$s //shows the sad character portrait

$l // shows the blushing/love portrait

$h // shows the happy portrait

$b //shows the bashful/shy portrait. (Or at least that's what it

looks like to me.)

$a //shows the angry portrait

$0-10 //shows the character portrait at the corresponding location on the sheet. The order is sequential where the first row first picture is 0,first row second picture is 1, second row first picture is 2, etc."​

DatRaph and keyten like this.
                  • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Except you can use more then 10 portraits I belive so it is $0-$inf.
                    You need to edit Stardew Valley\Content\Data\NPCGiftTastes.xnb and add your Npc name and info there. See more information in the same guide.
                    Didn't know this thing is still updated. Very useful guide.

• Galebourn

Thank you guys, that really helps.

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

Lemme know when someone starts taking requests for NPCs could use someone spooky to hang out at the train station.

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm excited for the development of new NPCs :eek: Is there a possibility to implement new marriage candidates as well?

Trifoilum likes this.
                          • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

I believe there is since people already marry people who cannot be married. However all spouses' answers that depends on Npc name are hard-coded.

Trifoilum likes this.
                            • Galebourn

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
                              The regular text works just fine, but as soon as the day changes to sunday, my game crashes.
                              The question with answer selection seems to be wrong, but I can't figure out why.

Code:
                              content:  #!Dictionary<String,String>
                                  Introduction: "Uhm... Hey.#$e# I'm Kevin( " #!String
                                  Mon: "Mondays are exhausting, don't you think?.#$e# I mean, I don't even work, but I still hate it." #!String
                                  Tue: "Want some gumdrops?#$e# I always carry some around." #!String
                                  Wed: "Pelican Town is right up my alley. You can slack off all day and no one seems to judge you.#$e# I probably shouldn't say something like that in front of a hard-working person like you..." #!String
                                  Thu: "As much as I like this place, I hope to find a way home some day." #!String
                                  Fri: " The TV program in this town is pretty boring...#$e# I guess I'll just borrow Joja-Mart's W-LAN to watch some shows online. " #!String
                                  Sat: "Uhm...#$q Do you like Anime?#$r Sat_01_01#I love it!#$r Sat_01_02#I'm not a huge fan.#$r Sat_01_03#I don't know what that is."#!String
                                  Sat_01_01: "Whooo, really? It's great, right?$1" #!String
                                  Sat_01_02: "You're right, Manga are much better." #!String
                                  Sat_01_03: "It's not important. You wouldn't like it, anyway." #!String
                                  Sun: "Sundays are the worst part of the weekend. You spend all day thinking of Monday." #!String

• Jessicaks

Jessicaks Space Spelunker

hey I love this mod always been a discword fan haha!

I was wondering if you could help me, it's simple probably for you, but I can't seem to get any answers. I want to change Harvey's name in the game, and tried using xnb_node in the npcdispotions file and edited Harvey's string with a /Carl" for his new name, but for some reason this still doesn't seem to work :( IF I change things in the dialogue texts they work, it's just that Harvey's name in the npc status and under his potrait still come up :(

• casualkira

casualkira Void-Bound Voyager

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7NLvJ6iIu6kh1oRGKE-Uw25Aak0xs2S5_MA9to/edit
                                  I know, a year later. Anyways I believe you forgot to add friendship points to the question.
                                  After you correct that you can use this: https://codebeautify.org/yaml-validator
                                  to make sure none of the strings are messed up. You must begin with the beginning of the code though, not only dialogue lines.

• DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, finally! Without the help of Flo's creator, I never thought I'd get to make my custom NPC. But now I oughta be able to work it out with this. <3 Danké!

• samuelroy21

samuelroy21 Master Chief

Great work! I'm excited to see your progress.