Modding Help Custom Instance Teleporters (i.e. Teleporter Doors)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Tentacle_Sashimi, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Tentacle_Sashimi

Tentacle_Sashimi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So i've been working on creating vanilla-friendly custom instance teleporters or "teleporter doors" and I think I may be using outdated code.

I've been using this guide for the instance teleporters.

I've run through it several times with different objects: wall posters, custom signs like the tutorial uses, but nothing works.

Every time I try to use my teleporter, I get an error message saying "Incoming client packet has caused exception".

I am using no other mods. Any help is appreciated.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The log certainly says more than that. Whenever you have issues with errors involved, ALWAYS post the whole log. You can use the code and spoiler tags/buttons.

As for that idea, seems interesting. I don't know any reason offhand it won't work.

Note that you don't have to use Starcheat per say. You can use spawn commands to do anything Starcheat can do. Although that's another subject I suppose.

Now besides posting your log, post the JSON of your object. Definitely use the insert code button for that.

3. Tentacle_Sashimi

The log reads:
    [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 1: (MapException) Key 'OpenTeleportDialogue' not found in Map::get()

As for the JSON I only added 2 extra properties, this first seems to be related to the error,
    interactAction : "OpenTeleportDialogue"

and

interactData :
    {

"canBookmark": false,

"destinations": [

{

"icon": "return",

"name": "^white;Enter Building",

"planetName": "",

"warpAction": "Nowhere=x.y"

}

],

"includePartyMembers": false,

"includePlayerBookmarks": false

}

*in the "x.y" I put the player_pos coordinates from debug to indicate where I wanted the teleporter to send me to.

Also, this *does* work as there is a vanilla roleplay server I play on that utilizes them, I used their tutorial.

4. Tentacle_Sashimi

Hooboy folks I misspelled "Dialog" as "Dialogue" because I'm very bright!

The instance teleporter works fine now!

Thanks for your help directing me to the starbound.log though, that's where I noticed the spelling mistake.