RELEASED Custom Farm Types 1.1.7

Allow adding custom farm types.

1. hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for the info! That will definitely help me with setting up the "everything" farms. Which I won't get around to fiddling with tonight. I put off my photoshopping and tIDE editing long enough. hehe.

A note for compatibility, you might want to put in the OP that Send Letter Beta conflicts with your mod in a rather spectacular fashion. (It crashes any new farms on startup), so they'll have to take that out if they want to use these.

• spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

It's possible this mod is causing the crash. Would you mind showing me the log file?

• hwayunhae

I forgot to save it, and after I took the mod out, the game loaded correctly. If you'd like I can put it back in and try to recreate the error.

Edit: I'm silly. I still had it open in notepad, so one log incoming.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2017
        • spacechase0

Huh. I'm not sure, I can't tell why it crashed it all. I see the error for send letters, but not how it would be causing a crash. (By the way, I think you're using an old version. :p)

Sorry

• hwayunhae

I do know that was the conflicting mod, though. So at the very least, they're not compatible. Honestly, I don't know why I was running SendLetters, since it wasn't officially updated for 1.2 anyway.

Pretty sure I had the latest version of Send Letters that was available I was wrong, I was using the beta version of send letters, as unlike the forums here, nexus does not tell me when mods I got from there are update (if I don't use NMM).... and I'm running smapi 1.12, but I will admit that I bought SDV from GOG and the latest update for them last I checked is [redacted] According to the internet, both steam and GOG run SDV 1.2.26, which is the version I have. (its starbound, the other chucklefish game I have, that is semi-permanently 1 update behind due to my purchasing it from the wrong pc platform. -epic sigh-). So not sure what you meant about old version. :p

I'll give it a shot with the latest Send Letters and see if it still crashes.

Edit: I got around to making a bunch of json edit folders (and some new icons) for the different farm maps. I didn't want to clutter up your topic so I made a new one.

I'm gonna change the link to this topic to be more prominent, and none of my folders contain the map files, but I do have links up to all the original map topics. I hope that helps anyone who doesn't want to do their own json editing to still be able to use the mod. (all they have to do is rename the farm xnbs to map.xnb).

Last edited: May 9, 2017
            • Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod was so much needed for me! Thank you!
              I just notived two things and don't know if I do something wrong or if it's normal:

1. Starter House Interior
                When I overwrite the origin xnb map files with custom maps I get different house interiors like combat map (with little monster wall hanging) and foraging map (with tree decors in the house). If I use this mod I always get the standard house interior. Is this normal or can I do something about to change it?
              2. Mushrooms, mushrooms everywhere
                I've noticed mushrooms (especially morchels) grow on almost every farm I play ... everywhere. They grow in the water unable to reach and look like little mushroom water monsters, haha! Do I have to write some special configuration into the json file of a custom map to get rid of this mushroom water issue?

• Standardheld

Sorry, to bother you again but I hope, you'll can update this. Because I like this mod really, especially for playing the wilderness farm without monsters.

No snow in winter!
                I've reached winter on my both custom farm maps (your multi-farm and self made wilderness without monsters). On both farms there isn't any snow on the map. I can only see snow on soiled field. I removed the mod and tested my saves. The snow was back, so the issue must've been in "Custom farm maps".

• spacechase0

Standardheld likes this.
                • Standardheld

Thank you :)

Edit:
                  There is an error with your custom farm type " Wildernes/no debris" ... the interior house is empty.

emptyHouse.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2017
                  • spacechase0

• Standardheld

Tested on the fly, worked both so far. Thank you so much :)

• swyrl

swyrl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

uh most of the new farms are cut off and you can't actually see them in the list.

EDIT: they're invisible but still clickable, however, after 4 maps, the rest of the buttons are off the bottom of the screen and can't be clicked.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
                      • spacechase0

You have to scroll to see them.

• anothersarah

anothersarah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is excellent. I'm surprised more people aren't here to line up and stare at you unblinkingly to continue. I've ruined too many farms by swapping maps to try a new one and forgetting which one an old farm used... hehe.

• swyrl

swyrl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oooo thank you, that was not apparent.

• pararain

pararain Space Spelunker

Hey, sorry to bother you, but this method of editing the .json files doesn't seem to be working for me.

So one of the maps that I want to add is Ali's Secret Forest Map. I've created a new folder in the FarmTypes directory, which I named Secret_Forest, then pasted the Farm.nbx file there and renamed it to map.nbx. I then copied the icons and the json file from the Standard_NoDebris folder and edited the json file so that it looked like this:

{
                              "Name": "Secret Forest”,
                              "Description": “It’s a secret shhhhh”,
                              "ID": "StardewValley.Farm.SecretForest”,
                              "BehaviorPreset": 0,
                              "FarmhousePreset": 0
                              }

When I run the game and go to create a new save file, I only see the original farm types, as well as the Everything, Everything w/o debris, Forest, Hill-top and Riverland w/o debris, but not the standard w/o debris or the new Secret Forest I just tried to add.

Sorry again for bothering you. I don't use forms often and I'm not sure if I'm breaching any sort of standard protocol or etiquette in posting this, so please excuse me if I am.

• Standardheld

@pararain

Do you renamed them with the file ending ".nxb"? It has to be ".xnb"

• pararain

pararain Space Spelunker

No, sorry, I don't rename the file ending, I only edit what comes before the ".". I just always mix up the letter when I write it off the top of my head (I checked it afterwards and tried to edit my post but the site warned me that I was spamming the form!).

• spacechase0

Could you upload the folder for me to look at?

• pararain

pararain Space Spelunker

Here it is. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attached Files: