Modding Help Custom Bodyparts Questions

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DarianX, Dec 9, 2013.

1. DarianX

DarianX Master Chief

Two quick questions guys. I see people making entirely new races, but is there a guide to making simple bodyparts for the existing ones. New hairs / heads etc?

And secondly assuming I can get that done.. when I play multiplayer do the other players need my custom file to see my body part show up or would my character be populated locally and just shown?

Thanks guys.

2. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

1. just edit them.
    2. Well they wont see you.

3. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

I would assume that mods can only be seen from your end, this means that no one else but you would see the changes.
    In fact, if you add a new race, the game may not even work properly let alone other people seeing it. If it were a remodeled version, I can imagine other people seeing the original of whatever race you used(Say you made an X race on top of the Avian model, they would probably only see the Avian and nothing else).

Good for pictures and single player though.

4. DarianX

DarianX Master Chief

So has anyone tried to play with the penguin race or any of the other customs in MP? I assume it wouldn't show custom files either, but I don't know the mechanics of the game. If anyone has tried it can they confirm?

5. MorpH

MorpH Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think as long as the asset already exist in the vanilla game then other players can most likely see it. As for custom ones, they would have to have it also.

6. DarianX

DarianX Master Chief

Thanks guys, I'll still probably make some parts for solo.