Modding Help Custom BGM Looping question...

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zach9o9, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Zach9o9

Zach9o9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been messing with a few mods and wanted to swap a specific song out for a custom one, yet in my time of messing with the song I want I felt it was rather unsatisfactory no matter how I tried to edit it, and left me curious. Though as I think about how to word it, it's a tad tricky, but I'll try.

Is it possible to create a file that starts a specific way but plays to a point where it can loop seamlessly? And if so, the (possible) steps to accomplish this?

As an example of what I'm trying to say, think of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess' Hyrule Field theme, where it begins with the trumpets (the specific start) then goes into the low instruments (roughly the seamless loop point) and loops continuously from there.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  2. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't do that in a file. It needs a certain program and script that will read the file in that fashion. Your best solution would be to make the track longer and to copy paste sections you want to loop couple of times. If you want to I can do that for you, it's easy for me since I work on music for ages now. Send me a private message with details and we can further talk about it so we don't spam too much here.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020