1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Cursor Problem at Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Support' started by lyndseybug, Mar 23, 2018.

1. lyndseybug

lyndseybug Space Hobo

I was playing for a few in game days in full screen mode, then went out of the game to my desktop for a moment. when I returned my mouse and the game cursor would not rejoin so I could play the game. I then reloaded the game and now I cannot even get past the loading screen due to the same issue. I then reinstalled the game in hopes that would fix my issue but it did not. Can anyone help me fix this so my mouse and the cursor for the game connect and work again? Thank you in advance.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

In your savegame directory (AppData\Roaming\StardewValley) there's a file called startup_preferences. Open that with a text editor and make sure <windowMode> is set to 1:

<windowMode>1</windowMode>

The game will start in a window, so you should (hopefully) have your cursor back. If this works, once you load a game, try setting the options to "Windowed Borderless" instead of "Fullscreen" (or vice-versa) -- whichever one you did not have it set to before.

Good luck!