1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Cursor movement restricted in fullscreen

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Aphos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Aphos

Aphos Space Hobo

I switched my game into fullscreen, and found myself unable to move the cursor beyond a certain area of the screen - the top-left quarter of the screen is fine, but if I move it too far down or too far to the right it will stop as though it's hitting an invisible wall. This bug persists after exiting and re-entering the game, and makes it impossible to access the Options menu to switch back into windowed mode. It also persists after Alt-Tab-ing out of the game and back. I'm probably going to uninstall and reinstall, but it would be nice to know if there's an easier fix for the future.

Edit: Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the issue - the game loaded up in fullscreen by default, and the "invisible walls" remained. Fortunately I realised I could edit the game's config file manually to put it back into windowed mode, so it's no longer unplayable at least.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. NaraHoax

NaraHoax Space Hobo

i have the same issue has there been any fix's for this or any workaround

3. starbound_fan

starbound_fan Intergalactic Tourist

Same thing here...

4. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

Yes I had the same thing happen. I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it. Then I made sure to NOT select Fullscreen mode. Which is unfortunate because I much prefer it to be fullscreen. Hopefully there is a fix for this at some point.